Replacement Trebles For Bream Hb's

Stippy

Hey guys,

I have accumulated a bunch of quality lures with rusted trebles; I'd like to replace them with Owner trebles and give the lures a new lease on life. What size/model is best for sx40 sized bream lures? Do I need to replace the split rings at the same time (to prevent the new hooks rusting)?

Also is anyone in the habit of crimping the barbs down on their lure trebles? I don't want to cause unnecessary damage to fish, undersized ones especially, but I don't really want to reduce my hookup rate.

Cheers,

Adam.

Each lure is a different so the exact sizes might vary but for any bream lure, Owner ST-36 stinger trebles and Decoy light split rings are the benchmark.

For an SX40, size #14 ST-36 hooks and #1 Decoy Light rings as a suggestion.

This link might be useful too.... http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=47105

Cheers, Slinky

Helpful as ever Slinky, I did try and search but that link just about covers it all.

Hey Chris - I've spent a bit, but as luck would have it I seem to be collecting them free - picked up at least 3 now that have been floating on the surface, presumably after being bust off - hence the need for new hooks. I'm only going to get busier as the semester plows on so we should look at doing it sooner rather than later. I'm curious to see if those whiting in the Royal National Park are bigger now - maybe next weekend if you're free?

Cheers,

Adam.