What Braid For Saltist?

imaddictedtofishing

Gday mate

any braid of a reputable brand should do really, just depends on your budget. 40-50lb should be fine for fish around sydney. I use power pro 50lb braid which is a good mid priced brand which works. But ive used other brands too which are all pretty much the same in 50lb. Just keep away from bright yellow colour as it seems to attract the leatherjackets. Maybe give red braid a go because the colour is less visible in deeper water and less prone to bite offs from leatheries.

hey mate,

deffinatly have a look at the power pro braid, it has the lowest water absorbtion out of all the braids i've ever used and that really helps when jigging in deep water as the jig sinks almost straight down and you have no slack line when you start your retrive

Just found Platypus sinking braid in 50lb blood red? Anyone had any experience with this braid?

I tried it once. It bled red all over the boat & because it is thicker than p.e braids you fit alot less on your reel. :thumbdown:

I've since stripped it off & replaced it with bionic braid. Much better.

Tuff line is a very good quality braid as well. If you want a red braid I would go with the tuff line.

Cheers,

Grant.