Boat Review

dmad_dood

Hi everyone just wondering if anyones had an experience with the triumph 170 cc/dc. Weather it be passenger, drive, fish. Just looking for some reviews on them.

Thanks everyone

Jono

Hey Jono,

I have a friend with a 6m centre consul triumph with a 150 merc on the back. It's a poly. Is this the same thing you want some feedback on?

Mike

Hey Jono,

I have a friend with a 6m centre consul triumph with a 150 merc on the back. It's a poly. Is this the same thing you want some feedback on?

Mike

Yeah it is a poly but there will be a massive difference between 5 and 6m and the 75hp to 150hp :)

Thanks anyway.

Mate we've got the 170cc with a 75 optimax on the back, runs nicely and we use it regularly in the harbour and ive taken it out to long reef a few times on calmer days. Only downsides for me are the low gunwhales, if you get some big waves coming from behind at anchor then sometimes you get some water over the transom, also its a bit narrow going past the helm and can be a bit tedious when theres a few people on board, preferably i fish with 3 on board but you can manage 4 ok, and the lack of storage space is the only other thing that gets a bit annoying i never take much when im going out on it. Make sure you get the bow rails fitted if you get it and we got some clears fitted around the rails which keeps the spray out when its choppy.

Otherwise its been great for us no major problems, and I'd take it you've seen the ads on the website , they're bloody tough boats.

With the optimax we generally cruise around 19-22 knots 4000-4200rpm, top speed i think is about 36 knots around 5800 rpm.

Any other questions feel free to ask, I'm going to be in hospital tomorrow for an ankle reconstruction so if i don't reply for a few days that'd be why.

cheers

Josh