Georges River

Dangas

Hi Raiders

Just a quick report for yesterday. Launched the boat from Carinya Rd ramp right on the high tide in the morning and got the leccy out for a soft plastic session. Within 3 casts i managed to hook up a 40cm flattie on a 3" nuclear chicken jerkshad. I thought it was gonna turn out to be a hot session however things went downhill.

Ended up drifting the run out tide from Carinya to Lugarno for zilch over the next few hours and ended up with one more small bream just on legal at the moons at the end of the day.

The strong winds didnt help either, making it very hard to control the leccy and drift properly. The water was showing a chilly 12.6deg on the sounder (which i need to check with a proper thermometer)

Not a successful day but better than being at work. Might have to learn how to fish for blackfish to keep me occupied during the colder seasons when the bream and flatties dont wanna play.

Dang

Edited by Dangas

Its amazing to see the River completly change form last year Dang.

I fished the river pretty hard last winter with lures and i would rarely come back to the ramp without having a good session on something. The coldest temp i can remember when fishing last year was around 14deg and i was thinking shit thats cold, no wonder with temps in the 12's the system has shut down.

We have had loads of rain this winter mate so salinity levels would also be a major factor up that end of the river,its gotta be screwing up winter spawning fish like Ep's and Jews its either been brown,browner or filthy.

I hav'nt been for a flick since the start of july and prob wont start hitting the system again till the end of the month.

Nothing wrong with fishing for blackfish, ive turned to blackies and been having a ball with them recently but carefull i reckon its just about as addictive as lure fishing.

Mick

Its amazing to see the River completly change form last year Dang.

I fished the river pretty hard last winter with lures and i would rarely come back to the ramp without having a good session on something. The coldest temp i can remember when fishing last year was around 14deg and i was thinking shit thats cold, no wonder with temps in the 12's the system has shut down.

We have had loads of rain this winter mate so salinity levels would also be a major factor up that end of the river,its gotta be screwing up winter spawning fish like Ep's and Jews its either been brown,browner or filthy.

I hav'nt been for a flick since the start of july and prob wont start hitting the system again till the end of the month.

Nothing wrong with fishing for blackfish, ive turned to blackies and been having a ball with them recently but carefull i reckon its just about as addictive as lure fishing.

Mick

Hi Mick, I guess the recent rain hasnt helped i could see all sorts of crap floating downstream during the run out tide and the water was quite brown. Maybe im just trying to find excuses, Im still new to lure fishing and reckon i might need to improve on a few things too.

Ive heard the blackies pull prettty hard on light tackle so im gonna be getting some green weed soon and went out last night to my tackle shop to get floats, stoppers etc... all geared up for a blacky session next week. Thankfully i have an understanding wife, shes confused as to why i would need more gear considering i just went out and spent a fortune on lures and plastics for breams recently. It is an addiction.