Trolling Tips

mhiley

Hey guys,

Me and my mate have had a boat for a few months now and I'm really keen to get into trolling. Can anyone impart some wisdom on what lures seem to have the best results lately for catching fish such as salmon, kingies, tailor etc. in places like Pittwater or Botany Bay? Any other general tips and methods are much appreciated!! :)

Cheers

Hiles

I would try Rapala Xraps. For me,they seem to work better than most. You could try across the heads at Botany Bay, from the Oil Wharf across to the Bare Island bombie, around Yarra Bay and from the heads at Botany Bay down to Bate Bay.

Good luck, Hiles.

Cheers,

Scoop

Thanks Scoop! Will hopefully give them a go soon. What kind of speed seems to work best?like 2-3 knots?

cheers

Hiles

I normally troll around 7 knots, however, if the bonito are around then we will go up to around 8-9.

Cheers,

Scoop

Hi Hiles, If looking for a quick fight and some top bait then troll christmas trees in close to the rocks( if your boat is reliable and you feel compedent in doing that) I find garfish bridled up are a top way to troll both ways at about 5/7knots.

Regards Jeff

Edited by Day's Fishin