Drummer Bait

frankie machine

Hey Raiders,

I've had a bit of joy this winter catching drummer with cunjevoi, but where I fish around Bronte it's illegal to collect and I can't always get down to the southern beaches to collect it. What other baits do you use for the pigs? I also read somewhere that gulp alive baits can sometime attract drummer - has anyone had success with that?

Cheers

Frankie

Mostly I use prawns . If you shop around you can get them fairly cheaply. If you are at Bronte and don't want to travel too far try Coles or Woolies, they sometimes have banana prawns for $14kg (sometimes they are cheaper). But your best option is to get up early and go to Flemington markets. Here you can get quality prawns for $10kg. Buy a heap and split them up and freeze them. I find a kg usually lasts about 3 hrs when fishing for pigs

Bread is also good

I have never used gulp baits for pigs

hope this helps

gav

Hi Frankie. I always used red crabs when I fished for drummer at Bondi. I found cungi was to often taken by wirrah's, and once in a while I ended up with a nice groper. It may take a little longer catching your bait but it's worth it.

Regards Jeff