Fishing Report

twinfisher

Launched out of Gwanerlan and set out for swansea ,between the islnd and wangi the birds were going ape----, :1yikes: snuck up on them and tossed a two inch blue metal lure at them and they liked it :thumbup: good qul. tailor around the 1.5 LB mark.Had a ball for half an hour or so, caught 12 kept 4. AS for the the rest of the day ,well i got a very tired wrist and forarm from throwing sp s around the place for no result. :1badmood: Ah well thats fishing,head out tom. and have another bash. tight lines.

Well I had a fish in the lake yesterday as my body needed to recover from a trip out wide a couple of days before hand.. Fished everywhere from belmont bay-wangi-pulbar for not alot at all. We were looking for the tailor as i had heard they were now on the chew. Could not find a sign. The lake fishing is very quiet. There are a few bream and whitting about but in general inside the lake is real disappointing.

Great to hear you found a good school and managed some nice fish.

I also live in Gwandalan. You live here or just happen to be launching here??

Cheers Jas!

:1welcomeani: aboard Twinfisher,

I fish Lake Macq quite often but from Balcolyn. I normally fish the area from Shingle Splitters Point to back around Balcolyn iself to Silverwater (I think it is).

Lovely place :1clap::1clap:

Way to go on the Taylor. :yahoo: The lake is full of them at present so I hear :1naughty:

Quick question, is your name on the site Twinfisher cause that's the type of boat you own, if so, you don't need to hear how fantastic they are from me, you clearly already know!! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

I fished out of Summerland Pt during the school holls with the kids.

I was impressed to see how well the lake was fishing - It has taken up to now for me to notice any improvement since the pros were removed.

3 crabs, 2 bream, 20 taylor, 2 lizzards & 3 flounder over 3 days -time spent 2-3 hours each morning. Kids had a absolute ball.

Heaps of undersised taylor one day - 35cm the next day. Heaps of hardy-heads.

Did see a huge flock of birds working above a school of fish right down the south end at Pelican Rock - first time I have ever seen surface fish working south of Pt Wollstonecraft.

Finally the place is starting to fish well.

Well I had a fish in the lake yesterday as my body needed to recover from a trip out wide a couple of days before hand.. Fished everywhere from belmont bay-wangi-pulbar for not alot at all. We were looking for the tailor as i had heard they were now on the chew. Could not find a sign. The lake fishing is very quiet. There are a few bream and whitting about but in general inside the lake is real disappointing.

Great to hear you found a good school and managed some nice fish.

I also live in Gwandalan. You live here or just happen to be launching here??

Cheers Jas!

45541[/snapback]

Yeh mate i moved up here from Sydney a coupla months ago and loving it. I live at Lake Mun. :1fishing1:

45653[/snapback]

Ah another Coastie joins the ranks :yahoo: There are a few of us kicking around now. Might have to have a bit of a get together up on Lake Macquarie in the not to distant future