Tld30

Hey guys, was just reading through this section of the forum, and since i just recently bought a tld30, was wondering if that could be used for game fishing, either for tuna or maybe even marlin, i dont mean to look stupid if the reel cant handle a big fish, just thought i would ask. and also if it can work for gamefishing, what would be a rod to get for it, and also if someone could help me with suitable line.

Hey guys, was just reading through this section of the forum, and since i just recently bought a tld30, was wondering if that could be used for game fishing, either for tuna or maybe even marlin, i dont mean to look stupid if the reel cant handle a big fish, just thought i would ask. and also if it can work for gamefishing, what would be a rod to get for it, and also if someone could help me with suitable line.

Patchy ,

You have already asked the same question in another part of the forums.

TLD 30 is a good all round reel for small to meduim gamefish including marlin and tuna.

The line capacity is around 600 mtres of 30lb mono or around 400 of 50lb mono.

The rod you seek will be different for landbased fishing and gamefishing from a boat.

A 15 to 24 kg T-Curve from Shimano will suit both applications.

If fishing the central coast and further north coast ledges you will need a rod at least 8 to 10 foot.

Regards Admin