Sol 2500 Vs Sustain 2500

mii11x

Both excellent reels and you'd be happy with either. Neither is 'better'. Daiwa has more advanced engineering design but is more 'highly strung' (they can be a bugger to service). Shimano is slightly more 'old school'(simpler, not worse) internally but more forgiving. Shimano bearings are better quality...

I have both reels (although in different sizes) and I would happily have either again. But if I went out to buy a reel that size tomorrow, it would be an ABU Soron STX20.

Cheers, Slinky

Both excellent reels and you'd be happy with either. Neither is 'better'.

Cheers, Slinky

+ 1. I have several SOLS and cannot fault them. I have used sustains and find them equal to the same tasks.

Either way, you'll have a great reel :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

One thing to consider is the sustain has quite a bit faster retrieve rate than the sol. Aside from that there's practically no difference in the two reels. If you like shimano and want something with a bit slower gear ratio look at the Twin Power as well, they should be much the same price...

Edited by abecedarian

Both excellent reels and you'd be happy with either. Neither is 'better'. Daiwa has more advanced engineering design but is more 'highly strung' (they can be a bugger to service). Shimano is slightly more 'old school'(simpler, not worse) internally but more forgiving. Shimano bearings are better quality...

I have both reels (although in different sizes) and I would happily have either again. But if I went out to buy a reel that size tomorrow, it would be an ABU Soron STX20.

Cheers, Slinky

How many reels do you have slinky? Ball park figure!! :074: