Afta Trade Show

turossboatshed

Hi all I have just returned from the AFTA trade show held at the Gold Coast.

Day one saw my brother Max and I fishing in the AFC Bream comp for the trade show, we were partnered up with last years winner Mick (sorry I forgot the surname) Mick owns a very nice Stella boat and was good enough to set us up with some nice gear before we headed out into the seemingly endless canals of the gold coast, fishing firstly softplastics against the channel markers I managed a reasonable bream first cast. We finished at 11am with our 5 fish in the tank afer upgrading only once. Out of about 14 teams we ended up 7th, I was happy with that it was a great morning with some great blokes.

The Tackle show introduced me to a few new bits and peices that I will be introducing to the shelves of the boatshed over the next few months, the range of gear that is available is huge but I found much of it very similar. Sebile and Crank are two new lures makes that impressed me, Sebile had a test tank set up and the action of their lures is very life like.

We will be testing them in the lake and will let you know how they go.

Cheers

John

Nice work on coming 7th mate...sounds like you had a ball....

Those Sebile lures look awesome, the poppers in particular, I'm keen to get a few of the smaller ones for the bream, bass and whiting over the summer periods....but the mid range look awesome to for kings and I hear the really big girls have been slaying the GT's out on the reefs.

Well done on your 7th placing! That's a terrific result from a team who is not familiar with the Gold Coast!

Yes, there are some very nice lures coming out now - I've been hearing a bit about the Sebiles! It'll be interesting to hear how they go in the lake!

Cheerio

Roberta

Yep I will let you know how they go!

I just heared that Sebile took orders for over $250 000 of lures at the show and won 4 awards, so it was not just me and a few others that liked them.

One of the best I liked was a vibe filled with oil, that rattels at a much lower and more life like frequency, the oil also turns red as the lure vibrates imitating a bleeding fish, hi tech or what! :1yikes:

Johno

Edited by turossboatshed

....I just heared that Sebile took orders for over $250 000 of lures at the show and won 4 awards.....

WOW!!! :1yikes: :1yikes: That is amazing!! From ONE SHOW!!!

Looking forward to you trialling them down there!!

Roberta