Harbour Blackfish

rickster

Headed out on Saturday with slam354(Steve) and woodchop(Daniel, AKA Netboy) to chase e few more blackies. Westerly was pretty strong so we ended up where we got protection and fish last week. Parking is $4.40per hour but not to worry, Clover Moore will soon have enough for the deposit on that new Mercedes she's got her eye on. Started around 7.00am and was a bit quite compared to last week but we were fishing the opposite tide. After an hour or so we only had about 4 in the bag. As the tide dropped they definetely improved, but most of the downs were fairly ordinary. They seemed to muck around a bit before finally taking off with the float. I also managed my token surgeon which gave me a bit of a hurry up. Daniel had to leave around lunchtime and by this stage we had 20 in the bags. Took a few pics including the boys biggest fish(notice there's no picture the author)and Steve and I continued for another hour or so. Got a few more and left them still biting. Overall a good day and good company.

P.S. Went for a few hours yesterday morning with Vladimir up around Hunters Hill. Good conditions etc. but only 3 downs and 1 fish. Think they're definetely moving back towards the sea.

post-11436-128251811881_thumb.jpg

post-11436-128251812984_thumb.jpg

post-11436-128251814286_thumb.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm another of Dads old haunts Rick not far to wonder for a cold beer and a feed! :beersmile: Very ggod in a westerly and deep water! glad to see it still fished well you don't have issues with the residents do you, some of them objected and oh you seen any big dory and bream hanging around the marina?

Cheers

royce.

Hmmmmmmmm another of Dads old haunts Rick not far to wonder for a cold beer and a feed! :beersmile: Very ggod in a westerly and deep water! glad to see it still fished well you don't have issues with the residents do you, some of them objected and oh you seen any big dory and bream hanging around the marina?

Cheers

royce.

Hi Royce, I knew you'd recognise this spot. Remember when you could fish both ends and also how we had to go through the hole in the wire fence to get access before they developed the land?

Never had a problem with the residents, just the usual inquiries from the "locals". Haven't spotted any dory in years and not seen any bream either, just the kg plus mullet that just keep cruising around. Love to hook one, I've got plenty of hooks and trace.

Cheers

Rick

Always had a preference for the other end could fish it in any conditions! Excepot when the stormwater was flowing out and there was shelte to have a feed and smoke in the wet!

I knew a bloke that took a swim up the end you were fishing thye had wired up the hole so we used to swing round the overhsng on the fence he lost his grip and went for a swim. Hows the weed grow on the flat rocks these days, BTW must put you on to Joes rock and the secret to it! You know where it is? best spot in a westerly! no matter how strong it is!