Mooney Mooney/ Bar Point 22/8

kmatch

Decided yesterday morning to go for a quick afternoon fish. Launched the boat at the bottom of the tide at Mooney Mooney and hit the vines first up for a small jew around 40cm.

Didnt get much after that so went up to a spot near bar island and got another small jew about the same size plus a bloody eel tailed catfish.

Was getting close to sunset so we decided to head back to the ramp but stopped at one more spot for a quick drop. Got a flathead about 30cm, tiny tailor, a small bream, a whiting and a flounder. Good mixed bag and a spot we havent fished before so will be stopping in again next time.

All fish released except for the whiting and flounder for my dinner last night.

First new topic I have posted so hope all works.

Sorry about no pics, didnt have the camera with me.

Kieran

Not a bad day by the sounds of it. everytime i head down to bar point and the vines i only get throwback tailor and about 30 catfish. :ranting2: how did u catch the jewies??? i'm still trying to get one but havent had much luck. Also i stayed at a place at bar point for a weekend in april and found the best spot to be the vines side of milson island. seen tailor, whiting, crabs, bream and flatties caught there. :1fishing1:

Not a bad day by the sounds of it. everytime i head down to bar point and the vines i only get throwback tailor and about 30 catfish. :ranting2: how did u catch the jewies??? i'm still trying to get one but havent had much luck. Also i stayed at a place at bar point for a weekend in april and found the best spot to be the vines side of milson island. seen tailor, whiting, crabs, bream and flatties caught there. :1fishing1:

yeah was a good arvo, bit cold but you get that with winter.

we werent fishing for jew, we were after bream at the vines and flatties at bar island, so just luck i guess.

Have previously fished a hole near bar island for good sized jew at night at the top of the tide with fresh squid or live mullet or strips for bait.

Yeah the eastern side of milsons is always worth a shot on the drift or anchored and does produce plenty of crabs during summer.

yeah was a good arvo, bit cold but you get that with winter.

we werent fishing for jew, we were after bream at the vines and flatties at bar island, so just luck i guess.

Have previously fished a hole near bar island for good sized jew at night at the top of the tide with fresh squid or live mullet or strips for bait.

Yeah the eastern side of milsons is always worth a shot on the drift or anchored and does produce plenty of crabs during summer.

i reallised that when i pulled up a monster blue swimmer on the handline and was too slow to slow to get the net:( what bait did u use at the vines???