Port Hacking

fanatic

Hi to all my fellow fish hunters :biggrin2:

Went for a fish with my mate over the weekend to possible get some breams or trevallies,

instead i got two salmon runs in the space of ten minutes, great fun those things lol.

I was full on adrenaline and my heart was in my mouth!!

The first one got away, we just couldnt net it as it just kept going for a dive (he just had too much go in him) :ranting2:

Feeling let down about the prospect of lending one of these powerful specimens, when BANG...the other rod buckels over!!

After another tussle this one makes it in the net :thumbup:

With disappointment turning into joy so fast, i screamed and jumped with joy to release my emotions lol.

Here is the pic of my beautiful 44cm salmon cought on pillies

:1fishing1:

post-12817-128307826318_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on catching your first salmon mate. I remember catching my first a few years ago, they are great sport fish on light gear.

They should come on stronger over the next month or two (based on last year anyways) so I'm sure you will get some more soon.

I had a revelation last night on salmon.

Cooked a thai yellow curry for sunday lunch

Put my salmon in it ( Caught on narraben beach last friday), making sure that the pieces were cut up small enough to not get a massive wack o fish.

It tasted great. The curry over powered the salmon taste and i was left with a soft delicate piece of fish and a great curry.

- You sould all try it :)

How did it taste dude? :wacko:

Hey Refused,

You know, one important lesson I've learned in all my years of fishing.

Have an open mind about fish, fishing and eating fish.

Salmon, I fillet, skin, debone and remove the dark flesh.

Cut it up into bite-sized pieces and add any flavour you like.

Herbs, spices, sauces, whatever you like.

Cook it however you like but not for too long.

It will taste great....

I also went against the advice of all my old rock fishing buddies and kept a few cockies for experimentation.

They laughed at me and maybe their estimation of me fell a few points.

It couldn't have fallen too far as I usually outfished all but one guy (the master of them all - he who taught me to fish - He was master, I was the grasshopper).

Well I treated the cockies the same was as the blackfish and they tasted VERY similar. So similar that I kept them as well.

make up your own mind about fish....

Now all I need to work out is how to make morwong taste good..... :1prop:

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Agreed with the salmon. They can taste great if you know what your doing. It doesnt even require much skill. Just Get rid of the red meat, cut pieces into small pieces and crum as you would to a snitzel. Tastes super! You could also add different erbs to the bread crum mix depending on your taste. Another way is to make croquettes using mashed boiled potatoes, herbs and spices, curry powder if u like and crumb those and shallow fry. You have to boil the fish for this method though. So yeah salmon are a nice fish. You dont have to listen to everything people say try it yourself. YUM :-)