Weird And Wonderful Fisho Techniques

DANDRE

I was fishing the bay yesterday with a mate. While my mate looked after the burley created the night before over a few too many beers and after a few hours with nothing biting I started playing around with a few different rigs / techniques. 4 rods, 2 baited running sinker rigs and just for a laugh I sent out a couple of plastics and just left them sitting on the bay bed. I don't use plastics that often but will probably change that now as within half an hour 1 of the plastics was taken but a decent flatty. Moved spots and again put out the 4 rigs, yet again nothing took the baits but caught a few small flatties on the motionless plastics.

Don't know if anyone else uses this technique which I guess is not the normal method? wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else has tried a laughable technique that worked?

Cheers

Dan

I wouldn't call mine a technique, but as I was rigging up, I left my hardbody lure floating in the water about 10m from kayak. Sure enough, wham a trevally takes it for a good run while I fumbled to grab the rod. Tried it again, but it was getting dark on the bay.

what I find works good for snapper is putting a rod in the rod holder with a lucanus jig (or something similar) on the end of it and just leave it there, the motion of the boat rocking in the swell works it for you. all you have to do is sit back and watch a big red hit it :biggrin2:

also keep an eye on the depth so you don't snag em up

Edited by Prawn Star

Hi Dan, I took one of my sons for a quick fish about 1 month ago to try out a new soft plastic my that my local tackle shop owner said is a sure fire killer on bream. We fished around Danger island for 2 Flathead and 3 tailor. Then we moved and fished Pearl beach rocks for another 2 Flathead and 1 flounder. All these fish were taken with the plastic sitting on the bottom except the tailor which hit it on the way down. The Flathead only need the slightest of movement to strike and it doesn't take much current to move a soft plastic. I haven't been back to tell the tackle shop owner that the lure is crap on bream but pretty good on everything else.biggrin2.gif

Regards Jeff