Console On A 4.2

dmad_dood

Is a 4.2m tinny to small for a centre console or would side console be the go. With the side console does it change the characteristics of the boat that much due to you still sitting right at the back?

Thanks

Jono

its really a personal choice im doin up my 4.5m tinny atm and considered doin a centre console but i like to have heaps of deck space and being only 4.5 i found my mates boat with a centre console abit tight aroudn the console i have left mine forward driven with removable seats so i can place them around the boat by putting in 2x extra holes so i can fish the back and have them up front for driving/trolling i found that its better for my style of fishing jew/king long nights i need a chair and room, like i said it comes down to personal choice and how u layout your boat.

depends on the kind of fishing you do...

Ive got a 4.2 which is used to flick plastics and i'd say a centre console would get in the way on a boat that size, however bottom bashing with baits might not be too bad.... i'd go the side console.

My next boat will be 4.5-4.8m with size console....

I do everything with it but probably flick more then anything.

But with the side console does it change how the boat handles, my biggest gripe with the tiller is that after adding up all the weight theres a good 200kg + from fuel, person, bait tank and motor. I also wanna move the fuel tank up into the front and turn the back into a casting deck with dry storage.

If any one can help with anything thanks!

I do everything with it but probably flick more then anything.

But with the side console does it change how the boat handles, my biggest gripe with the tiller is that after adding up all the weight theres a good 200kg + from fuel, person, bait tank and motor. I also wanna move the fuel tank up into the front and turn the back into a casting deck with dry storage.

If any one can help with anything thanks!

Before and after shots of my 4.6. Still have plenty of room now even with the console.

Cheers, Tuffy.

post-1961-128347461416_thumb.jpg

post-1961-128347462987_thumb.jpg