Trolling/jigging For Kingies

Joco

Hello raiders,

Had a virus on my computer and could not upload any info sooner :(

A few weeks back my friend and i took out Johnny (fisher_boi) to join us for a session on Botany Bay....

Started of the session with soft plastics and had no luck. As a result we caught some livies and started trolling outside the heads...

To our surprise we landed x3 kingies..... Two were realease and one was kept, being at 70cm.....

We ended the session trying to catch our first Jewfish, BUT had no luck....

richardboat134.jpg

richardboat132.jpg

richardboat139.jpg

On MONDAY, we decided to try something different and go jigging for Kingies, drop a few livies to the bottom, AND if that didnt work, then troll for Kingies using livies....

It was an early launch... Water temperature 13.9 degrees, minimal wind and the swell was perfect.....

We stopped on the way to catch livies.... We caught a good dozen, and to our surprise they were huge... BIG live bait = big fish, well thats what we thought ;)

Went to The Peak which is around 10-13km NE from Botany Bay... On arrival there were a handfull of boats and many were loosing gear beacuse of leatherjackets.... NOT a good sign....

My friend dropped his 400g lure to the bottom and started jigging, while i rigged up a livie and dropped it to the bottom...

We managed to get x4 strike while jigging, landed x2, biggest just over 70cm....

Bottom bashing using livies, we managed to get half a dozen strike BUT no results....

On the way back we trolled using livies and managed to pick up another kingie....

Not a bad session considering, its our first time jigging and first time out to The Peak....

richardboat144.jpg

richardboat141.jpg

richardboat143.jpg

onya joey & richard,some nice looking kings landed mate.just a question though,WHERE WAS MY INVITE???lol.well done fellas,hopefully next time in out there with you.btw joe,the jew have started to come back to the local in the last week.josh picked up 2 schoolies in 10mins the other day,yesterday lost a jew but picked up a few flattys.gona give it a crack this arvo,hope we get a nice 20pounder.lol.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

YOU own me a 20lb jewie :) lets hit the local waters :1fishing1: again soon, it was fun landing my first Jew :yahoo:

onya joey & richard,some nice looking kings landed mate.just a question though,WHERE WAS MY INVITE???lol.well done fellas,hopefully next time in out there with you.btw joe,the jew have started to come back to the local in the last week.josh picked up 2 schoolies in 10mins the other day,yesterday lost a jew but picked up a few flattys.gona give it a crack this arvo,hope we get a nice 20pounder.lol.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup: