Fishing At Captain Cook's Bridge

michaelchen

Today is father's day. Said happy father's day to dad then when to get him TWO sunday telegraph. equiped with the two new lures when to cook's bridge around 12 and started casting. The wind was very strong, couldnt cast very far but still kept trying. I also had another rod on bread. around 3pm then one on bread started going off. first caught a small 20cm bream, then rerigged bread again and caught a 10cm tailor. it was the smallest tailor i have ever seen. as soon as i was about to lift him and put it to the jetty, the tailor bit the line off. It was pretty fun fighting that tailor. After rerigging and puting the bait into the water, about 5minutes later i hear zzzzzz, it must have been a big fish. so i went to land it, i had about 1minute of the fight, then it was really sad, my uni knot between the main 15lb line and the 4lb line broke. couldnt land it! what else was bad luck was the fact that my main line got tangled and had to cut it off. As with the new father's day lure, i am still trying to catch fish with those.

imho those lures r pretty crappy. If u wanna get the most outta them id prolly take the treble off and save it for some hardbody u might have with rusted hooks...they arent the best trebles but they look like they wud go with a cheap hardbody fine. As for the rest of it, now it only has one hook and would prolly be only useful to catch flathead, those trebles wud make releasing fish a real pain thus the idea to take them off. Best place to use them around ur area wud be far up the georges or around brighton off the rockwalls. Gd luck :)

imho those lures r pretty crappy. If u wanna get the most outta them id prolly take the treble off and save it for some hardbody u might have with rusted hooks...they arent the best trebles but they look like they wud go with a cheap hardbody fine. As for the rest of it, now it only has one hook and would prolly be only useful to catch flathead, those trebles wud make releasing fish a real pain thus the idea to take them off. Best place to use them around ur area wud be far up the georges or around brighton off the rockwalls. Gd luck :)

where is the rockwall at brighton? is it next to the airport? can you show me on google map please.

thank you

i meant these:

post-12572-072287600 1283695843_thumb.jpg

when i was a kid i was using sum small prawns off the beach near there and caught a small bream. When i reeled it in, thinking it suddenly got a lot heavier, i saw a huge flathead infront of me which proceeded to spew out the small bream which from the tension of the line, smacked me in the face. Moral of my little anecdote: there are flathead around there.

Edited by stefan