Mid Week Session

fishmaniac

With a small window of good weather in an otherwise horrid, i decided to put the extra effort in and head out for a quick session before work last thursday.

So i headed out at 5:30am and was greeted by a warm morning (for this time of year anyways) and no wind. Conditions offshore were excellent also (about 0.5m of swell). It was great as it made for a quick run in and out.

The fishing was excellent. I had brought one rod and a few small metals to toss around the headlands. I had my first lure chomped off by tailor (little buggers) and quickly moved on.

I found a school of salmon and proceeded to land 5 fish ranging 55cm to 65cm, one bonito who crashed the party and dropped a few others. All fish were revived and returned to grow a bit bigger!

It was a great morning which unfortuately had to come to an end at 9:00am as i gunned it back to get to work!

post-6215-004076300 1283687335_thumb.jpg

post-6215-084045500 1283687342_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishmaniac

Nice work Andrew!

I got out this arvo at about 3:30pm after the wind had died down. Managed a King and a big salmon in a short Downrigger session. Had a decent sound around hoping to drop some jigs but nothing around! Water was slightly warmer though... Better fishing can't be that far away.

See you out there soon.