The Joys Of Owning Your Own Boat

Its great owning your own boat until something goes wrong with the boat,trailer or motor and in my case it was the motor.

I had just finished at the social for soft plastics and Jewhunter said "you have a fuel leak" :1yikes:

I thought is was just a minor problem so I called Ash from XTREME MOBILE MARINE to come over and fix it up quick.

Ash was very thorough and went right over the motor looking for the fuel leak and found that the needle and seat was faulty on the fuel vapour seprator but as he looked further he noticed a little bit of salt build up laying on the inside of the cowl which shouldnt have been there and discovered a side plate had corroded on the fuel seperator and was letting salt water into the inner parts of the cowel.

I made some enquiries on getting a new part and went into shock how much they cost :( so a quick call to Huey at Huett Marine and Craig sorced me the part much cheaper than I could have got it for (THANKS HUEY) and had it flown in from the USA.

It took two weeks to arrive and was promplty sent from Huett Marine to our place.

I rang Ash and he came over today and did a wonderful job installing the Fuel Vapour Seperator,his first .

Ash was very thorough and xtremely professional handling my pride and joy and also gave me a few tips on preventative maintenance. The word he used was anal and I can tell you Ash is so careful of every little part it was amazing!!

Thanks so much to our two great Site Sponsors who have saved me 100 $$$ and peice of mind once more.

post-256-098754500 1283826686_thumb.jpg

post-256-039082300 1283826695_thumb.jpg

post-256-060747100 1283826704_thumb.jpg

post-256-087893800 1283826716_thumb.jpg

post-256-010844300 1283826727_thumb.jpg

post-256-085495600 1283826737_thumb.jpg

Regards a very happy Swordfisherman

Having seen first hand how meticulous Stewy is with all his equipment, it is high praise for Ash :1yikes: What a great outcome due to the assistance of two invaluable sponsors. Well done to all concerned. There'll be no stopping you now, Stewy :biggrin2:

Cheers

Skip

Lucky it is all fixed and well now.Is it a common problem that other Suzuki owners should look out for or a one off?

It looks like a problem area and I will have mine inspected a lot more regularly as salt water travels through the seperator.

Its the silver cover on the outside of the housing itself.

Cheers Stewy