Avoca 9/09/10

michaelchen

Went to fish on Avoca on Thursday. There wasnt many fishermen out at the rocks which was a good thing and i got my fav spot that i wanted. It was also nice seeing a fellow raider RayR. Im so envious finding out that he lives so close to the rock. Anyways didnt catch many big fish that day. only caught 3 boni 1 trev 4 yellowtails 1 unknown fish (ray suggested it was a pike) its so exciting to catch a new type of fish! Me and my girlfriend had fun that day and it rained so we decided to go home.

Mate,

If you are enjoying yourself and catching fish then you will go a long way in your fishing career. Avoca is nice without the crowds and turns up some good fish. There are plenty of other goods spots in the area if the crowds get too much for you.

Good luck.

The Poacher

Mate,

I have to agree Avoca is a very Beautiful place I have not fished up there for almost 1 year now.

The Crowds will get busier over the next month or so so If you want to get up there get up there early and remember safety on the rocks is key

there is some great fishing to be had there but the water has no mercy and never turn your back on it!!!!!

I look forward to reading more reports from you,

Regards,

Nathan

No wear as safe as you think ,90% of all the death at avoca have happened in less than 2 foot of ne swell .IF YOU GO TO AVOCA AND THERE SURFING THE POINT THINK TWICE BEFOR YOU FISH .the point breakes in a nor east swell .A lot of rock fisherman and women look but dont see what they are looking at this is where they come undone .

No wear as safe as you think ,90% of all the death at avoca have happened in less than 2 foot of ne swell .IF YOU GO TO AVOCA AND THERE SURFING THE POINT THINK TWICE BEFOR YOU FISH .the point breakes in a nor east swell .A lot of rock fisherman and women look but dont see what they are looking at this is where they come undone .

i go to a spot its pretty safe. even if the waves are like 2.5 meters and knock you down. it washes you to the back of the rocks. it happened to one of my mates.

i go to a spot its pretty safe. even if the waves are like 2.5 meters and knock you down. it washes you to the back of the rocks. it happened to one of my mates.

Sorry but I can't agree with fishing & having 2.5mtr (8 foot ) waves crashing into me & knocking me backwards, if they can knock you back they can probably knock you forwards,wash your gear & tackle away & before you know it you try & save your tackle & your in the drink,this is probably not the correct practice to encourage. rock fishing can be unpredictable & dangerous even for experienced guys,dont get me wrong I love it but we have enough casualties already.

Sorry but I can't agree with fishing & having 2.5mtr (8 foot ) waves crashing into me & knocking me backwards, if they can knock you back they can probably knock you forwards,wash your gear & tackle away & before you know it you try & save your tackle & your in the drink,this is probably not the correct practice to encourage. rock fishing can be unpredictable & dangerous even for experienced guys,dont get me wrong I love it but we have enough casualties already.

If you are hit by a 2.5 meter wave on the rocks you are not likly to survive it . i fish in large swells but I know where and when i fish them and what to fish for .