Pittwater 11/09/2010

gazza0878

Hey fishraiders

As This is my first post i'll keep it short went out today fishing in pittwater with a couple of mates for a early spring session on the soft plastics for flatties.

Went and tried a few spots that we had success at last summer in really hope more than anything.

Things started off not the best with 2 pikes but then my mate picked up a flattie off 42cm so expectations rised a fair bit.

Then i hooked onto a big fish which for my little flattie outfit of 4lb mainline and 8lb leader was maybe a bit light and it sadly ended in tears after a 5min fight just hoping it wasn't a monster flattie but have a feeling it was.

So re rigged and next cast i got a 45cm flattie so felt a little better i suppose. Then the fish went of for a while with only a small flounder caught.

So we moved to another spot and straight away i got a small flatties of 35cm and my mate picked up a 27cm whiting on a flattie lure lol.

Then i hooked onto a nice fish and after a few nice runs i pulled in a nice 51cm flattie which i have a pic of but can't upload it as the file is to big. also my mates picked up a a very nice flounder and another small flattie.

So we ended up with 5 flatties 2 flounder and a whiting and prob lost a pb flattie, thought it was a good day for this time of year.

post-15391-022248300 1284705446_thumb.jpg

Edited by cushie

:1welcomeani: Welcome Cushie,

I also look forward to more posts from yourself!!!

by the looks of things we are in for a great season this year especially on the Flattie front.

by the sounds of it you lost a decent fish but theres always next time!!!!

Tight Lines,

Regards,

Nathan