Basin Flatties And A Nice Surprise

Breambucket

Hey guys i fished the basin with a couple of mates over the weekend for some pretty good results.

I arrived waiting to meet up with my mates so i thought i would get a sneaky late arvo fish in befor the boys arrived :) it was pretty slow going but i landed a nice 65cm flattie which gave me alot of stick in 1.5m of water vh54kw.jpg

not bad for an hour fishing:

Sunday morning was still slow but managed a few more nice flatties and then boated this fish up around the islands

kb6dr7.jpg

Everything started to get real slow and after a couple of location changes i hooked up to a just legal flattie,while i was bringing the fish in i seen a dark shadow behind it and befor i knew a HUGE flattie had wrapt its mouth around my fish! it would of easly been well over 90cm :1yikes: and my mate chucked his small plastic in to tempt the girl but she gave up on the smaller flattie and went away :ranting2:

After spending the next half an hour chucking the biggest plastics we could find :) i tied on and old trusty prawn vibe, i was sayin to my mate how i wanted to one day catch a black fish on lure and 5 min layer guess what? ab4dhd.jpg

33cm

We had to finish up early in time to make it back to sydney for the saints game GO THE DRAGONS!!! heres the final tally for friday oqvifb.jpg

Not a bad trip down cant wait to go down again soon :)

Pete