Which Rod?

Csaba

I have the option of going with, both rods are similar, 3-5kg or 2-4kg, around 7". 1-2pc.

Berkley Pro Team Soron SXT (exact same as a Dropshot rod - told this by Berkley rep)

Pfleuger Trion rod

Berkley:

"The rod you have is a genuine Dropshot rod built on exactly the same blank we run our standard series on.

That model is exclusive to certain stores, hence it’s different name and cosmetic to our standard run rods.

You can be assured it has all the same quality components and will fish just the same as a conventional model.

Tight lines"

Can this be true?

Edited by Big_Muskellunge

both are great rods so i guess it comes down to, what are u going to use it for ?

craig

To fish....flyswatter...back scratch....chase the wife around....:biggrin2:

Mostly using for SP and small lures chasing the usual, flatties, bream, and anything else that happens to bite.

then i reakon the wife would like the 2-4kg :biggrin2:

i bought a 3-5kg drop shot .... its nice But a bit heavy for sp bream fishing . i also have a 1-3 kg berkley dropshot and i love it bigest fish so far is a 2.2kg salmon and it handled it no worries .

post-8207-037950000 1285154446_thumb.jpg

1-3 kg is better for throwing out lighter jig heads like 1/32 and 1/16 ,s[ which bream love ] but also good for heavyer

2-4 kg would also be good .

craig

Edited by craigtempo

then i reakon the wife would like the 2-4kg :biggrin2:

i bought a 3-5kg drop shot .... its nice But a bit heavy for sp bream fishing . i also have a 1-3 kg berkley dropshot and i love it bigest fish so far is a 2.2kg salmon and it handled it no worries .

post-8207-037950000 1285154446_thumb.jpg

1-3 kg is better for throwing out lighter jig heads like 1/32 and 1/16 ,s[ which bream love ] but also good for heavyer

2-4 kg would also be good .

craig

I bought a Pflueger Trion 2-4 702 today with a Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500. Went for a quick spin at 2pm... fished til dark... didnt catch anything i could keep. But what a great combo.... flicked small blades and 1/8 jig heads with 3in curly tail grubs.

Felt great... i'll be back with a better report when i catch something.

Hey chuppa (hope I spelt it correctly from memory!) If you want to flick small soft plastics and light lures around i'd be going for a 1-3kg stick. I had a 2-4kg flicker and yes it did have the ability to throw small vibes and plastics around but it did not have anywhere near the distance and finnesse for my 1-3kg. The 1-3kg rod gives you greater ability to throw around smaller lures with better control of their action due to the responsive lighter tip. And they still have enough grunt to tame a decent bream or flattie.

Daniel