Hacking Jew 21/09/10

camel

Hello All

Took my brother in law Noel for a night targeting Jew on Port hacking last Tuesday. Things were looking promising in regards to tide and moon. But I wasn't overly hopeful as I had spent the night before fishing solo for nothing other than a 42cm Squire that ate a whole Yakka. We fished a spot that is relatively protected from the Southerly that was blowing and both had baits in the water by 7pm. Noel hooked up just after the tide had turned. Bagged his first school sized Jew that went 98cm on a fresh dead Yakka. With more than enough for a feed we fished one more bait each and packed it in early.

Cheers

Anthony

P1010264.jpg

P1010266.jpg

Edited by camel

Hello All

Took my brother in law Noel for a night targeting Jew on Port hacking last Tuesday. Things were looking promising in regards to tide and moon. But I wasn't overly hopeful as I had spent the night before fishing solo for nothing other than a 42cm Squire that ate a whole Yakka. We fished a spot that is relatively protected from the Southerly that was blowing and both had baits in the water by 7pm. Noel hooked up just after the tide had turned. Bagged his first school sized Jew that went 98cm on a fresh dead Yakka. With more than enough for a feed we fished one more bait each and packed it in early.

Cheers

Anthony

P1010264.jpg

P1010266.jpg

top effort,port hacking jew yum :beersmile:

Thanks all for your kind remarks.

Adam, We were using fresh Yellowtail that were caught on location. We use them as a fall back bait. I prefer Squid, Mullet, Pike or Slimy Mackerel but cant always catch them when needed. As for tackle Shimano Saragosa 8000 reel, Daiwa Sea Jigger rod. 30lb fireline, 60lb Jinkai Trace with 2 8/0 Octopus style hooks. Not overly sporting but when fishing for Jewies you never know how big the next one will be.

Edited by camel