Longreef

shady

got out there tonight about 9.30 after half an hour we were getting some bites drifting over the reef.after 3 huge powerfull runs on seperate rods which all ended up with snapped lines on the reef,was using 20 pound but it was no mach for the mysterious fish,i managed a good snapper then headed into the bay for some smaller fish,after a couple of hours inside packed it up and came home with a small snapper feed.had some fun it was beutifull and flat outside.

got out there tonight about 9.30 after half an hour we were getting some bites drifting over the reef.after 3 huge powerfull runs on seperate rods which all ended up with snapped lines on the reef,was using 20 pound but it was no mach for the mysterious fish,i managed a good snapper then headed into the bay for some smaller fish,after a couple of hours inside packed it up and came home with a small snapper feed.had some fun it was beutifull and flat outside.

sounds like u had an arlite day at longy how fasr out were u fishing did u try the wall at all

sounds like u had an arlite day at longy how fasr out were u fishing did u try the wall at all

hi paul was about one km off and varied it up a little,i managed to find some interesting structure that went on as a waypoint,will be back with some bigger gear.

i was out there about a week ago aswell and managed a good mixed bag.

i was fishing in 30 metres and hooked into something massive which would have been a monster of a groper and fought it for 30 minutes then it busted the 40 pound braid i was fishing with. rod was like a horse shoe the whole time. i didnt get its head coming up when i first hooked it so it wud have swum right back into its hole and there was no getting it out.

but i was happy either way because i go fishing outside all the time but last week was the first time ever i havent suffered from the effect of sea-sickness. was so happy.