Land Based Spinning

brendan t

hit the rocks on sunday with a mate fished for about 4 hours caught in total 10 bonito in a half hour period and then my fishing buddy hooked a kingfish that ended up being 90 cm and 6.3kg caught on a 65g metal raider lure.still can't believe it wasnt me,put in all the hours with no result he comes out for 1 trip and look what happens amonster.aaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! :ranting2:

post-10010-075891300 1285662168_thumb.jpg

post-10010-051602600 1285662220_thumb.jpg

hit the rocks on sunday with a mate fished for about 4 hours caught in total 10 bonito in a half hour period and then my fishing buddy hooked a kingfish that ended up being 90 cm and 6.3kg caught on a 65g metal raider lure.still can't believe it wasnt me,put in all the hours with no result he comes out for 1 trip and look what happens amonster.aaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! :ranting2:

well done mate , went to avoca sunday for donut . ppichard on float untouched for 4 hours. Good on ya cheers bangus

Can i ask after you cast your lure. Did you wait for it to sink before you started retrieving or did you retrieve straight away. Im very amazed that the kingie was caught on a raider because I've been trying for a while now and still not successful. Was your technique specific or was it just normal spinning for bonito/salmon etc.

Top effort from the rocks :1yikes: YUMmm kingie steaks :beersmile: .I got taken to north head sydney harbour a couple of months ago for king spinning gar,what an adrenalin rush,couldn,t land any of them,just kept getting reefed,what size line were you using?Being a boat fisho i was definately beaten by kings off the rocks :mad3:

Can i ask after you cast your lure. Did you wait for it to sink before you started retrieving or did you retrieve straight away. Im very amazed that the kingie was caught on a raider because I've been trying for a while now and still not successful. Was your technique specific or was it just normal spinning for bonito/salmon etc.

mate it was just a normal high speed retreive cast out counted to 5 and started reeling

Top effort from the rocks :1yikes: YUMmm kingie steaks :beersmile: .I got taken to north head sydney harbour a couple of months ago for king spinning gar,what an adrenalin rush,couldn,t land any of them,just kept getting reefed,what size line were you using?Being a boat fisho i was definately beaten by kings off the rocks :mad3:

the line used was 30lb braid and 50lb leader about 4ft long