Vale To My Fishing Master

slinkymalinky

One or two of you may know, have met or have heard of the Orr family in Tasmania. If not then I feel very privileged.

Valdon Orr, one of the well known Tassie flyfishing family, passed away yesterday. He was my mate and the man who is most responsible for my love of fishing.

I had the good fortune to spend countless hours learning to adore the misty mornings and 'see-forever' days of the Highlands with a man who's wry humour and larrakin ways made every moment special. He taught me to flyfish, was with me when I caught my first trout on fly and shared nearly all of my most treasured memories on Tassie's lakes.

If no one else on Fishraider had the pleasure of knowing him, that's a shame. I'm a long way from where I grew up today, but I know a lot of people will miss him. me included.

Bye mate, Slinky

One or two of you may know, have met or have heard of the Orr family in Tasmania. If not then I feel very privileged.

Valdon Orr, one of the well known Tassie flyfishing family, passed away yesterday. He was my mate and the man who is most responsible for my love of fishing.

I had the good fortune to spend countless hours learning to adore the misty mornings and 'see-forever' days of the Highlands with a man who's wry humour and larrakin ways made every moment special. He taught me to flyfish, was with me when I caught my first trout on fly and shared nearly all of my most treasured memories on Tassie's lakes.

If no one else on Fishraider had the pleasure of knowing him, that's a shame. I'm a long way from where I grew up today, but I know a lot of people will miss him. me included.

Bye mate, Slinky

Sounds like a real top bloke. Someone everyone would get along with. Rest in peace mate.

My condolences to Valdon's family and friends, mate. We meet many wonderful characters in life's travels, especially in pursuit of our favourite sport. I'm sure the next time you wield the wand you will pause and reflect on many of those special moments spent together. May he Rest In Peace

Ian

What a great guy, to take you under his wing & teach you the finer points of Fly Fishing, Tony. He obviously was instrumental in instigating your love of fishing & he will therefore live on thru you.

Condolences to his family & to you, Tony.

Roberta