Picnic Point Today

mazin1978

Went to Picnic Point landbased today to fish the incoming tide. Was there from around 11:30-3:30 and only caught 3 small whiting and a small flounder all on prawns. The were about 5 other people there and nothing decent was caught.

Does anything decent pop up there or are they mostly small?

Cheers Matt

Went to Picnic Point landbased today to fish the incoming tide. Was there from around 11:30-3:30 and only caught 3 small whiting and a small flounder all on prawns. The were about 5 other people there and nothing decent was caught.

Cheers Matt

Mate use blood worms off walkway in lambeth park near red channel marker,here you will catch plenty of school jew and bream,Larger model jew reside there too as it is deep water there,poss deepest section in whole of georges GOOD LUCK

:1fishing1:

Mate use blood worms off walkway in lambeth park near red channel marker,here you will catch plenty of school jew and bream,Larger model jew reside there too as it is deep water there,poss deepest section in whole of georges GOOD LUCK

:1fishing1:

Thanks mate, will check it out, is it within easy casting distance with a 7ft rod?

try soft plastics.me & my mates fish the upper georges with plastics alot with some cracker fish caught.gulp3-5in minnows,2-3in shrimps,3-4in pogys,squidgys-70-100mm wrigglers,shads & fish patterns are all great plastics.try use the lightest jighead as conditions will allow.good luck.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

try soft plastics.me & my mates fish the upper georges with plastics alot with some cracker fish caught.gulp3-5in minnows,2-3in shrimps,3-4in pogys,squidgys-70-100mm wrigglers,shads & fish patterns are all great plastics.try use the lightest jighead as conditions will allow.good luck.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Thanks mate, ive got some wrigglers in bloodworm, gary glitter and silver fox but haven't used them much as i cant get a long enough distance with light jigheads (1/8th or 1/16 oz). Might need heavier jigheads.

Guest Aussie007

Cheers Matt

u can get decent size mullet and bream in the georges river i was at the picnic point boat shed a few days ago picking up motor parts and seen a fair few people fishing along the edge of the water i picked up lunch while i was over that way and parked at the milpera boat ramp near the milpera bridge and seen a guy pull in a couple decent fish that looked like mullet he was bottom bashing they would have been 40cm easy i was there for about 10mins and see him pull in 2

Hey guys.

Fished picnic point again this afternoon for around 2 hours. Weather wasn't the best, would rain for 5 minutes then stop. then rain, then stop...Caught a 28cm flathead on prawn and a 25cm bream on chicken breast so was ok considering the conditions.

Cheers Matt

Guest Aussie007

Hey guys.

Fished picnic point again this afternoon for around 2 hours. Weather wasn't the best, would rain for 5 minutes then stop. then rain, then stop...Caught a 28cm flathead on prawn and a 25cm bream on chicken breast so was ok considering the conditions.

Cheers Matt

well done it shows the georges river is still producing fish i would have never thought of flatties being so far up stream these days :thumbup: