11Watts Close

SINGLETON HEIGHTS NSW 2330

Ph/fax 0265 560338 0408434591

Email: sinali@bigpond.com

: sinali@hunterlink.net.au

www.thefishingparty.info

Monday 30th August 2004.

PRESS RELEASE

THE FISHING PARTY to day announced that Mr Robert Smith and Mr David Wiseman would be the party candidates contesting the Senate for NSW in the October 9 Federal election.

Mr Kevin Collins and Mr Darryl Whitford will be the Senate candidates for Queensland

NSW will also see the party contesting three key marginal House of Representative seats with Mr Paul Hennelly in Paterson, Mr Victor Shen in Wentworth and Mr Joe Chidiac in Greenway.

THE FISHING PARTY is determined to get a voice in the political decision making system for the fishing community and everyday Australian who is sick and tired of being overtaxed, overcharged and over-regulated and disenfranchised. A balance is needed to the anti-fishing, anti-everything lobby who have a stranglehold on the major party machine who are using the “seen to be green” policy as decoys to attract that vote.

Securing proper funding (federal and state) for all institutions, water quality and quantity, protecting your access for boating-fishing and recreation activities, improving public facilities, getting a better deal for rural Australia and small business, reducing fees and charges and increasing the low income tax threshold to $14,000.00 are a major platform for the party.

Whatever your recreation, it is under threat from the decision makers and the only way to get your concerns and interests really listened to is through the voting system where a political party or a politicians job is under threat. Getting a Senator elected at federal level will give The Fishing Party a greater chance to address issues at State level. The ALP domination of State politics has caused a major arrogance towards all recreation activities and this attitude must change.

Authorised by and for further information please contact:

Robert Smith

0265560338 0408434591

www.thefishingparty.info

11 Watts Close, Singleton, NSW 2330

I agree with Iain,

If the fishing party deviates away from its main agenda it could be a problem. Partys that do this in my mind are partys with internal issues and mixed political views. They are possibly not a party with only one voice. Other partys lap this up as well

Stick to the fishing issues and let the major parties worry about tax etc. I would happily support this party if I knew they were solid on fishing issues and the protection of our sport.

Hmmmmm, please correct me if I''m wrong, but didn''t a previous Fishing Party press release state the party would follow government lines on all issues apart from fishing? How does this stand with presenting a policy which includes tax thresholds.

And could someone explain how, if a Fishing Party senator will vote with the government of the day, the party expects to influence government of the day policy. If you have vowed to vote with the government, where''s your leverage?

Yes it''s great people have the passion to try to present a voice for fishos, but I trully believe it''s the wrong strategy.

Put this energy and money into lobbying the government of the day. Extract money from the tackle/boating industries and pay for a top, full time lobbyist in Canberra. Enlist every fishing celeb, ET etc etc to lobby pollies as well. It''s the way politics works now and I believe would be far more effective.

Regards Bombie

ian u r spot on if i vote i vote for fishing only not other stupid policies relating to things i didnt vote on joe kick some azz man all politicans are bulls***t artisit & liers the fishing party should be 100% about fishing nothing less until it is it wont get my vote for all i know its a bob carr polly under cover he has ****ed this state he aint getting me

Edited by fisho1

I really didnt want to go into too much detail here as I didnt want to look like im trying to shove anything down anyones throat! :(

But anyway....

The Fishing Party is not a single issue party. Apparently they have been advised that they shouldnt run as such. To that end they do have a draft policy that encompasses a wide range of issues.

The major objectives of The Fishing Party are dictated by the fact that an issue would be directly related to Recreational fishing. The fishing licence is seen as a de facto fishing tax, and as such they must have a tax policy.

8foot...in regards to preferences, it is up to the individual candidate. If you are in my electorate and feel I should direct my preferences in a particular way then let me know. I am open to suggestions. The only given as far as prefrences go is that I WILL be putting the Democorats and the Greens at THE BOTTOM of my list!

If I have offended any Greens, I wont apolagise, but I am receptive to dialouge! After all...it is a free world! :ohyeh:

I thought fishing :-rod  was a way to get away from politics :nana:  :nana:  :naughty:

Good Point Bill...But if the politicians want to take away your fishing you dont have much choice do you mate? :thumbsup: