Anyone Know What The Chicken Breast Recipe Is?

Kevsta

Hi,

I decided to use strips of chicken breast marinated in parmessan cheese and 3 cloves of crushed garlic, and a dash of olive oil. Head off to fish the shores of Sandringham as the deeper channel is in casting distance and soon realise that the entire botany bay's weed congregates in that area so it's unfishable with every cast bringing in large clumps of green weed.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I see a toad fish swimming in the shallows, and proceed to place my chicken breast bait in front of the toady and it just swims right past the bait as if it's not even there. Disappointed by this,I packup and leave for another destination to use soft plastics and lures.

Can someone help me out and tell me what the chicken breast recipe is. I have a feeling that the garlic is putting off the fish.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I decided to use strips of chicken breast marinated in parmessan cheese and 3 cloves of crushed garlic, and a dash of olive oil. Head off to fish the shores of Sandringham as the deeper channel is in casting distance and soon realise that the entire botany bay's weed congregates in that area so it's unfishable with every cast bringing in large clumps of green weed.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I see a toad fish swimming in the shallows, and proceed to place my chicken breast bait in front of the toady and it just swims right past the bait as if it's not even there. Disappointed by this,I packup and leave for another destination to use soft plastics and lures.

Can someone help me out and tell me what the chicken breast recipe is. I have a feeling that the garlic is putting off the fish.

Thanks in advance.

hay kev

usuually when i go fishing for bream in the harbour i buy a fillet of chicken breast sliced,cut the plastic on the packaging and put half a jar of garlic in marinate and shake so its even, for 1 day and then fill the box with bread crumbs and shake so its completely covered. I have never used parmasan cheese but ive heard it works, i usually get atleast 5 bream everytime i use this bait i believe the bream crumbs works as a berley scent and also hold the garlic into the chicken so it lasts longer, have caught other fish flathead 55cm trevelly ect i guess its also were u are fishing to,

good luck

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Chicken breast on its own is excellant bait,if i marinate my breast fillet i use saltwater ultra bite and let it soak.Yes your method will work as mentioned but its more about the cheese not the garlic and oil so much.Hope this helps.Also if your picking up that slimy weed on your baits that will definately diminish your your success rate also. :thumbup:

Thanks for all your helpful replies, advice and humour. :thumbup:

I'm going to try a batch with/without the garlic next time to see if it makes a difference. I'll definitely go lighter with the garlic though as it was quite strong smelling. This recipe makes me think about food when fishing.

For burley, I'm using chicken pellets and staled bread mixed with sand.

Thanks again.