Barrenjoey, Whale, Avalon Headlands Saturday Morning

fryboy

Hi Everyone,

Quick report about our fishabout on Saturday morning... Took my brother in law from Bowral and two neighbors from Elanora for a bit of exploratory along the northern beaches headlands...

Left Bayview @5am, out of Barrenjoey by 5.30 - our chance to catch the Sunrise was buggered by clouds... But, first run along the wall at Barrenjoey was rewarded by a nice Salmon to 60cm which put up a good fight for me for 10 minutes whle brother in law was at the helm. The next hour saw us pull up a variety of fish - another smallish Salmon, a couple of Yellowtail (to about 30cm), a Bonito then what looked like a Barracuda - can anyone confirm what this was... (sorry, pics coming - cant work out why they wont upload)

We then trolled the heads around Whale and Avalon for only one more small Salmon. But on the way we encountered a pod of dolphins and a seal. Beautiful. (Got some video of that, but again cant work out whats going on with the uploading?)

About 9.30 we headed back to Bayview in front of a rain squall.

All in all, good fun and quite some fish but not the big Kingy I'm looking for.

Fryboy

The dolphins headed out of Pittwater towards Lion Island, and passed me at Barrenjoey at about 9am today (so going out with the tide).

In spite of a 20knot wind, it was the sound of their breathing that first made me notice them. They passed about 25m from my tinnie, a pod of about 5-6 dolphins.

V cool.

Guest Aussie007

it looks like a hair tail great catch anyway :thumbup: are barracoutas in this close to our waters? :1yikes: fryboy what was your method of catching the kingys?