Bass N Near Windsor,

clubwak

gday all,

We have been out for the past few weekends heading from windsor up thru to Nth Richmond, we had the theory of "we know its early but get in the practice before they hit", I went out late yesterday arvo launching at windsor, there was a few rain storms whilst out but I toughened up and stayed out (although my fishing partner met me at the ramp then said it was to wet), I started at the bridge for a few hits and follows to the boat but no hook ups, from there I headed up river, past the sand beach on the right, then proceeded to toss my spinner over the weed beds and retrieve back towards the boat, didnt get many hits till about 30 mins before dark, Then I got hit more and more, final tally was 2 to 25cm, 2 to 20cm and 2 to just over 10cm, once it went dark they stopped playing.

all in all a pretty good session this early in the season.

Edited by clubwak

One of the boys had to play with a pump on Friday in the area you are talking about and he decided not to miss the opportunity of a quick flick. He landed a nice 40cm bass on the drift.:thumbup: He then thought he had snagged a branch,:ranting2: until there was a bit of a tug a war, bringing it up beside the boat he finds he has a lizard about 90cm long on the surface right beside the boat and it's just sitting on top of the water hardly moving. No net in the boat he tries to grab the lure to land the girl for a pic. That's when the big girl showed him why she is still swimming around, a very badly cut hand and he swears he will never try that again.:ranting2: We have caught them up to about 40cm along that stretch but never one her size. Most people fish for bass and carp there as they don't know that there is other fish there.

Regards Jeff

Thats awesome getting the lizard, I hear of lizards being caught sometimes up here, when you tell others they dont believe you! hmmm nice trick trying to pick her up! :1yikes::1yikes: great bass to, it will only get better as it gets warmer,did your mate get the lizard in the middle of the river??