Whale Beach And Rocks

rjc123

Been to whale beach a few times and am yet to fish it though. seen some giants lost in the wash on the headlands and a nice salmon caught. Hoping for some info for later in the year.

hey mack i used to fish north whale years ago of the rocks , caught big kingies off the point but used to fish the little island of rocks before the point mostly and had good success there with bream,trevally,kingfish,flathead and big salmon,but always keep an eye out for that rogue wave!!,1 got me and a m8 years ago and washed us straight off!

I think theres a spot there called the ovens ment to be a good spot for live baiting for kings and a gravel patch within casting distance.

we also fished this spot,its south whale where you go down rayner road,it was a few years back but you had to take a rope and absail down a rock face about 20 metres high.

North Whale Point is one of the best spinning ledges on the northern beaches. To bad it caters for 2-3 people only when spinning.

Not Advisable but best with a 1.5-2metre swell... be carefully.. bring some rope and clip yourself on to the rocks...a must in rough weather.

The wedge (closer to the beach) near the island is a top gutter for jewies. and some good salmon and tailor. It gets a bit packed now. esp on weekends. fishos and surfers

The lower ledges are great for blackies... again... not advisable to fish in rough weather

The ovens is the most hassle ledge to get to followed by bluefish I reckon. stick to the pool for goob bream on bread...bring burley.

R

Been to whale beach a few times and am yet to fish it though. seen some giants lost in the wash on the headlands and a nice salmon caught. Hoping for some info for later in the year.

I used to fished north whale beach before where we tight our rope. When we spin we rotate . Good bait ther slow troll garfish for big kings.

Its get pack on the weekend . Good spot . Good luck for this season. Cheers Bangus

North Whale Point is one of the best spinning ledges on the northern beaches. To bad it caters for 2-3 people only when spinning.

Not Advisable but best with a 1.5-2metre swell... be carefully.. bring some rope and clip yourself on to the rocks...a must in rough weather.

The wedge (closer to the beach) near the island is a top gutter for jewies. and some good salmon and tailor. It gets a bit packed now. esp on weekends. fishos and surfers

The lower ledges are great for blackies... again... not advisable to fish in rough weather

The ovens is the most hassle ledge to get to followed by bluefish I reckon. stick to the pool for goob bream on bread...bring burley.

R

this will probably sound pretty silly, but is spinning referring to the type of reel you use or actually using a spinning lure??

this will probably sound pretty silly, but is spinning referring to the type of reel you use or actually using a spinning lure??

spining means spining with luers

this may sound stupid to some IF YOU HAVE TO TIE YOUR SELF TO A ROPE TO FISH GO HOME IT DOSE NOT MAKE AN UNSAFE SPOT SAFE ,