Sharking Spoilt

brettmann86

Hey raiders I'll be quick and concise cause I'm on a got bot landed 3 whalers to the 20kg mark so far tonight... The northern beaches are firing for the smaller sharks at the moment anyone keen to stretch line at dusk or dark who is strugglin for a Jew but wants a quality fish should it

There not

Monsters

By any means but that size will stretch you out and taste bloody good too!!!!!!! Get on the beaches boys have a crack and land one pm me if anyone wants to come out for a night there not the 150keg monsters dreams are made of but they will make your reel and your blood boil with excitement tight lines boys brett

Hey raiders I'll be quick and concise cause I'm on a got bot landed 3 whalers to the 20kg mark so far tonight... The northern beaches are firing for the smaller sharks at the moment anyone keen to stretch line at dusk or dark who is strugglin for a Jew but wants a quality fish should it

There not

Monsters

By any means but that size will stretch you out and taste bloody good too!!!!!!! Get on the beaches boys have a crack and land one pm me if anyone wants to come out for a night there not the 150keg monsters dreams are made of but they will make your reel and your blood boil with excitement tight lines boys brett

Nice work brett good to see you landing a great feed.Don,t think it,ll be long before you nail a large jew as your definately fishing the right areas with big bait ZZZzzzzzzzzz can,t beat it hey? :fisher:

There not

Monsters

good on you ! wher about?

Hey guys, ended up leavin at 4 in the morning we nailed 5 all up only keeping 2 one for myself and one for my mate what a top night!!! And surprisingly no Jews oh well can't complain we were just using California squid and mullet strips, and I love my portable DVD player sitting there between hook ups watching fishing DVDs lol I got some videos last night and hopefully with a little luck I'll be making a land based shark fishing DVD soon enough just need to add a couple big ones to my tally....

Tight lines guys

Hey guys, ended up leavin at 4 in the morning we nailed 5 all up only keeping 2 one for myself and one for my mate what a top night!!! And surprisingly no Jews oh well can't complain we were just using California squid and mullet strips, and I love my portable DVD player sitting there between hook ups watching fishing DVDs lol I got some videos last night and hopefully with a little luck I'll be making a land based shark fishing DVD soon enough just need to add a couple big ones to my tally....

Tight lines guys

Brett don,t worry about just using california squid,i nailed a 19kg on bottle squid on stockton beach this time last year, you should of persisted to sunrise as the tailor/salmon come on the bite so do jews if around and feeding.Plenty of sharks to contend with there also.Good luck on your dvd :thumbup: .

That California squid is top stuff!! And we would have stuck around but we'd already been up since sparrows fart in the morning so we were keen just to get home to our beds, ive hooked and landed a few sharks well over the hundred fifty keg mark but never been videoing at the time, which is always the case if this summer is anything like last year I think there will be plenty of fun for all involved

what i was using was generally classed as overkill but it works for me, i have a 1.2m length of 150lb 49 strand wire with a 10/0 hook crimped on straight up to a 150lb swivel then mainline above that with a 200gm snapper sinker , that setup is fine from the beach where your not likely to encounter absolute monsters anyhting bigger you'll need to beef it all up then threadline reels become too small and overheads become the norm and you'd be balooning your bait anyway.

anything anyone eklse wnats to know just PM me, if someone wants to come out im always keen for another fishing partner and i'm happy to give any details up i can locations,times,tides,baits etc etc etc etc....

sharking is a different way of fishing but hook onto a 60kg shark from the sand and tell me your not having fun i dare you lol.... or even better get on the stones and run out a LIVE 3 or 4 kg bonito and when that thing gets smashed by a 200kg demon from the deep tell me the hours sitting around waiting weren't worth it!!!! :thumbup::1fishing1:

thight lines guys Brett

oh and sorry no i dont use circle hooks but i am going to start testing it soon big circles and 250lb mono i've heard it'll work but im sketchy being landbased the sharks have more chance to wear through the mono leader.... and if you think they cant wear through mono leader by just rolling in it, tell that to my tackle supplier.... they roll up the wire and wear through it no time flat....