Windang

IVZ350

Hi Guys.

Me and a mate hit Windang last night for 5 legal bream, and a just over legal dusky and sand flatty....dropped a nice flounder and numerous occys, they are there if ya can get through the swarms of little tailor, sorry no pics forgot my camera.

:beersmile: Ivz

I was down there today , on a boat . Didn't catch anything . A couple of good hits . But then again we weren't really out there planning on catching any fish . We just went out there with my Dad & Uncle just taking my 2 younger sisters out for a bit of fun around lunch time to give them a little bit of a taste in fishing :)

But absolutely love Windang . Never been let down there :) Always pull out a few decent flatties :)

& Also congratulations on the catch mate .

Cheers , Rhys :1fishing1:

Love Windang,

I learnt to fish and prawn there with my grandparents every summer holidays as a kid many, many years ago in the 60s and 70s. I remember, getting squirt worms and chasing whiting on the flats. I also stood up for the first time on my foamy at Windang beach. Great to see the fishing is still good, I'll have to go back and see how it has changed. Do they still have the small boats moored near the bridge?

Regards, Hutcho

Love Windang,

I learnt to fish and prawn there with my grandparents every summer holidays as a kid many, many years ago in the 60s and 70s. I remember, getting squirt worms and chasing whiting on the flats. I also stood up for the first time on my foamy at Windang beach. Great to see the fishing is still good, I'll have to go back and see how it has changed. Do they still have the small boats moored near the bridge?

Regards, Hutcho

Hutcho we were probably there at the same time during the 60's and 70's. We used to camp in the council caravan park for the whole Christmas holidays. Many fond memories of Windang Beach, walking out to the island at low tide and prawning at Primbee with our primus lamps and nets. The fair, the putt putt golf and trampolines, many memories indeed.

Might book a cabin there soon :biggrin2: for a bit of r and r

That's nice to know windang good action. where did you fish from mate? boat? land? bridge?

started off in the water wading mate but the silt build up and mud from since they reopened the mouth has made it like quick sand where we used to land alot of decent flatties and whiting so we ended up having a go off the bridge either side of the tide.

Love Windang,

Regards, Hutcho

nah mate there long gone now all those little sheds are gone from next to the bridge its all open sand there now but there is a boat hire shed called boab i think on the other side of the bridge near the ramps carpark.

weres windang?

Past port kembla mate :biggrin2:

started off in the water wading mate but the silt build up and mud from since they reopened the mouth has made it like quick sand where we used to land alot of decent flatties and whiting so we ended up having a go off the bridge either side of the tide.

nah mate there long gone now all those little sheds are gone from next to the bridge its all open sand there now but there is a boat hire shed called boab i think on the other side of the bridge near the ramps carpark.

Past port kembla mate :biggrin2:

Gday IVZ350, just giving you a heads up that the local boys in blue will not hesitate to issue you with a $150 on the spot fine if they see you fishing off the bridge. They use to turn a blind eye, but after the brawl which occured one saturday night last summer between fishos on the bridge, (heard a couple people were stabbed)the police have been more strict. Great fishing spot though and congrats on the haul.

Hi Guys.

Me and a mate hit Windang last night for 5 legal bream, and a just over legal dusky and sand flatty....dropped a nice flounder and numerous occys, they are there if ya can get through the swarms of little tailor, sorry no pics forgot my camera.

:beersmile: Ivz

well done mate

IS there any god spot beside fishing on the bridge?

any where on either side of the bridge land based is good mate.

What bait and rig do you used?

fish were all taken on live nippers mate, run on a 2/0 starlo jig head 9 grammer cause i was switching between plastics and nippers.

Yep its illegal to fish on the bridge there are signs warning you either side of the bridge. Ive seen heaps of ppl getting fined for fishind of the bridge lately

Yeh i know mate but it was one of those quiet nights with only a few blokes fishing so they left us alone i reckon, ideally i like to be wathered up in the water the beach side of the bridge but its just way to soft to walk out now, plus the current was pushing that hard our light setups were getting pushed back to out feet we had no other choice but to give they bridge a go or go home. If they fined me so be it lol thats fishing :beersmile: