Botany Bay Social Day Sorry I Didnt Turn Up :(

Breambucket

Hey guys

I planed to fish with all you guys in the social today but after a late start (730) and with the wind the way it was i didnt want to get my old man soaked and uncomfortable on the way to and from cooks park :(

I was really looking forward to the bbq but we decided to tough it out in woolooware for an hour then moved right into the georges to try escape the wind.

It was tough going but we landed a few nice fish in between alot of small choppers and baby reds and our best 2 target species was a 33cm bream and a nice 55cm flattie all on 3lb again :yahoo: i did lose a bigger flattie around the mid 60's mark but that was from more stupidity than anythin else but considering the conditions it didnt turn out to be such a crap day after all

Here's a couple of the fish we caught today

x0p761.jpg

bg5xtd.jpg

Oh and i was nice to meet tide & knots or pete at the sylvania boat ramp :) one day i hope to be a jewie master like him

Hope to meet some of you guys next time

Pete

well done pete, its a shame the wind ruined what started out being a good day, it was nice meeting you also.

next time I am heading into the bay I will get in contact with you and maybe we can organise a trip together - fish a few of your spots during the day and anchor up for a jew in the evening?

pete.

I also must apologise for not showing up yesterday.

I ended up double-booking the weekend by booking my boat into Huey to fit my new Humminbird 798ci combi with side imaging, which arrived this week. Can't wait! :1clap:

I had hoped to fish land-based but I got caught up with 'brownie point' jobs around the house.

Looks like it was a good day and I am sorry I missed it.

Baz

well done pete, its a shame the wind ruined what started out being a good day, it was nice meeting you also.

next time I am heading into the bay I will get in contact with you and maybe we can organise a trip together - fish a few of your spots during the day and anchor up for a jew in the evening?

pete.

Yeah for sure mate! within the next month or so the bay will start to really fire with bream and flatties especially

I fish friday arvo's alot so that would be a prime time to do both forms of fishing

Pete

What a shame!!!!!

We had NO bream brought back for measuring and NO-ONE to claim a prize.

The official report will go up soon (we were too tired to do it last night)

mrsswordie

Oh well not to worry

Im glad the bream prize went into runner up prizes p mack's son would of been jumping for joy with the gift voucher!

Hey breambucket

Sorry you missed coming in man. Conditions were difficult for sure. We were in Woollooware Bay for a while but we could'nt get a proper drift going. Did see a decent bream chasing my 3" grub. Should'nt be long before the surface bite comes on.

You're right - my youngest was so happy he got a prize. Gives him motivation to fish harder now. These socials are great fun and prizes are given out in good spirit. Food was good too ... Maybe next time eh?