Picnic Point

L1M

Hey guys,

Me and a mate heard about picnic point and will probably give it a go soon in the future, was just wondering if any of you guys have fished there and could give me some hints and tips about the place. I've heard some species there are bream, flathead, whiting, jewies. Well yeah, it'll be great if you guys could tell us the best spot to fish off and also bait etc. i'm landbased by the way.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey mate,

Ive fished there quite often the past few weeks with limited success. I usually fish near the lagoon side of picnic point, have caught small whiting, flouder, a few 25cm bream, small tailor, undersize flatties and a 30cm trev last week. My brother hooked a larger fish but the 8lb fluro leader snapped. Main bait that was getting hits was chicken breast coated with parmesan. People fish off the rocks for blackfish but cant say that ive noticed much fish being caught.

Cheers matt

hey mate. thanks for the report and info. could you please put in a map of the place and the spots you were talking about. i'm not familiar with the place since i haven't fished there yet. that'll be really handy.

Cheers