Outboard Cover?

MPS

Hi All,

I am on the lookout for a cover for my 30hp 2 stroke Suzuki outboard. I would like to get one that I can leave on whilst underway in the hope to lessen the engine noise and protect the cowling from the elements. Does anyone know of any covers that will do the job and is it ok to have a cover on the engine whilst running?. I can't see too many issues aslong as the engine can breath and no cooling or exhaust outlets are impeded or obstructed.

Your thoughts and advice please.

Cheers

Matt

Edited by MPS

Hi All,

I am on the lookout for a cover for my 30hp 2 stroke Suzuki outboard. I would like to get one that I can leave on whilst underway in the hope to lessen the engine noise and protect the cowling from the elements. Does anyone know of any covers that will do the job and is it ok to have a cover on the engine whilst running?. I can't see too may issues aslong as the engine can breath and no cooling or exhaust outlets are impeded or obstructed.

Your thoughts and advice please.

Cheers

Matt

My brother inlaw had one made by an upholsterer, cost under $60 for his 6 hp mercury 07 model. high grade marine vinyl, uv stable etc.

Check with the larger marine dealers , they are normally available off the shelf.

This particular one is not suitable for use on the water but inc here just to provide a price guide . 30hp , $24.90.

http://www.biasboating.com.au/p-2223-ocean-south-outboard-cowling-covers.aspx

From memory , the only difference between this unit & one suitable for use on the water is a cut out at the rear over the air intake

A pair of sissors or knife could fix that.

Geoff