What Do You Call It ?

Flano

Thought I would nick out yesterday afternoon and try a spot on the Georges River out of the wind. Little did I know that the river would catch more than me. 4 hours: Flano 0 - Georges River 3. Yes, that mighty Georges River got 1 bust off after a 15 minute fight (either a stingray or Port J), caught the bottom and couldn't get it up so busted off again, then decided to move and guess what - the river didn't want to give me back my anchor :ranting2::ranting2: I spent 20 minutes trying to move it, by hand and with the boat. Stayed there another 2 hours for 1 bight and after more effort, had to cut it off in about 50 ft of water.

I pulled it as tight as I could and cut it under the water line. The rope pinged down. I don't like the idea of leaving a potential hazzard in the water but couldn't do anything else as I was alone. Any other thoughts ??

Anyway, at least I didn't have to mow the back lawn :thumbup:

Thought I would nick out yesterday afternoon and try a spot on the Georges River out of the wind. Little did I know that the river would catch more than me. 4 hours: Flano 0 - Georges River 3. Yes, that mighty Georges River got 1 bust off after a 15 minute fight (either a stingray or Port J), caught the bottom and couldn't get it up so busted off again, then decided to move and guess what - the river didn't want to give me back my anchor :ranting2::ranting2: I spent 20 minutes trying to move it, by hand and with the boat. Stayed there another 2 hours for 1 bight and after more effort, had to cut it off in about 50 ft of water.

I pulled it as tight as I could and cut it under the water line. The rope pinged down. I don't like the idea of leaving a potential hazzard in the water but couldn't do anything else as I was alone. Any other thoughts ??

Anyway, at least I didn't have to mow the back lawn :thumbup:

Should of mowed the lawn :1prop: