Dolphin Fish

SamBradley

Hey Fishraiders! This is our First Ever Dolphin Fish caught near Botany Bay Wide FAD

She measured 130cms and weighed 14kgs.

Caught on 50lb line and with a whole pilchard.

Made the rough morning seas all worth it!!

caught Sunday 11am 17/10/10

post-15882-084128300 1287368962_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam & Brad

Mate Congratulations on your first ever Dollie, she's a Ripper.Thats the first one I have heard of getting caught off sydney this season,well done. :thumbup: I looked at bom last week and knew it would'nt be long till they show up, hope it a good season.

Cheers Mike

Great looking dollie dont know about the holding methord but :074: great eating fish but you need to eat them same day, bad freezing fish. :thumbup:

LOL Ha ha yeah holding method was very last minute - try and get a photo!! We dont actually eat fish - just love catching them!

We dont actually eat fish - just love catching them!

Do yourself a favour and try eating Dolphin fish... It is delicious!! One of the best eating fish you can catch i reckon. If you vacuum pack it they freeze ok - but definitely best fresh i.e. one day old max!

Thats a top dollie.

Were there many around or was this just a single rogue dollie?

Hey - there was a pair of them came up our berley / cube trail and we hooked her straight away. Ran 50 metres and jumped like crazy... have to admit we were some pretty happy fishers at that moment..

Definately werent expecting any Dolphin Fish as we had been told they prefer warmer water. Temp was 19.5 degrees where we caught her.

Happy Happy Days - lets hope we see plenty more!

Hey Fishraiders! This is our First Ever Dolphin Fish caught near Botany Bay Wide FAD

Cracker dollie there right place right time as they say :thumbup: ow and determination i a big role aswell congratulaions on ur first dollie. Dollies are one of my favourate fish as i love catching and eating them, anyway happy fishing cheers steve

What a ripper,they give a good fight at that size.Good to see it caught on pillies,did you have livebait out also??

chris