Yellowbelly Comp

iMick

Windamere is firing right now, so I've be told. It was hard work at Burrinjuck, with my team only getting 2 yella all comp, I did score a respectful 477mm fish in the shallow on a ZX30.

The winning team won it with 7 fish I think, so it was a slow weekend for everyone.

At the end the winner revealed his game plan, he said it was all about the flats, 3 to 7 feet of water, with vibes about the same size as TN65's but a lot lighter.

I pulled my good fish out of about 3 foot of water, so I should have stuck with it. The last time I was there it was all about the 20 feet rock faces with spinner baits and LCB's, so you need a good pre fish and sus it out good and proper before the tournie.

We got a billion Redfin and a couple of cod, one going near 700 and fat.

The biggest fish went 540, so I was happy with my 477 on 6lb.

Good fun but crappy weather.

Good luck at Windamere.

post-10586-083827400 1287985315_thumb.jpg

post-10586-048282400 1287985360_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the report mate. :thumbup: and well done on getting amongst a few fish. Nice to see a couple of cod put in an appearance. Burrinjuck is only 4 hours or so from my place and I have been interested in fishing it for some time now. I'd be more than happy to release the cod and yellas and keep a feed of reddies for my efforts :biggrin2::drool:

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks for the report mate. :thumbup: and well done on getting amongst a few fish. Nice to see a couple of cod put in an appearance. Burrinjuck is only 4 hours or so from my place and I have been interested in fishing it for some time now. I'd be more than happy to release the cod and yellas and keep a feed of reddies for my efforts :biggrin2::drool:

Cheers

Hodgey

Cheers Hodgey,

Send me a PM when you're heading down there and I'll give you a few spots to try that have really fired for us in the past.

It's a great fishery that holds some really big cod.

Love getting down there and whacking a few.

Mick