Balmoral At Night

rjc123

Hey Guys,

I've fished off the wharf at Balmoral quite a few times but only managed small bream and flounder. Seen plenty of flathead and trevs caught too.

I'm thinking of trying there at night soon.

There are quite a few yakkas around there and Where there are Yakkas there are usually kings.

I'll hopefully catch some yakkas and then have a couple out there for Kingies and jews etc.

Any info or help would be great.

ive caught aus salmon there during the morning on live yakkas

caught kingy the same day on live yakkas

sounds easy but went there around four times that week until

i caught anything decent

ive also caught one nice jewy there about 5kg at dusk

just a round plastic one in red (above half) and white colour in size big enough to see from the distance (30-40m)

You can find it in any tackle shop around here...

Ok,

does that apply for all sorts of livebaiting for Jewies?

Edited by mack attack 79

This is for estuary fishing, not for beach fishing mate.

You can fish without a float, but it is easier to locate your baitfish with it, also when you are hit.

Yeh, i no its not for beach fishing but would you use the same rig for eg: Bar Pt on the Hawkesbury and Balmoral Wharf???

Yep, I have been using this type of rig for Wharf fishing where water is relatively calm.

Good luck.

Thanks,

also say i couldn't get any yakkas or slimies what would be the next best bait for Jewies at Balmoral at night?????

i was there for the first time 2 saturdays ago at night trying for jews

we were told there were lights and you can get yakkas at nite but when we were there the lights were broken or blown

Lucky we had some backup bait Very big yellowtails and a bonito... we casted all the yakkas until we eventually had no more and striped the bonito which was striped away by the bream. then chucked the bonito frame out which kept getting pulled around. I think its a shark of ray though... whatever it was it was there there the whole night. PS we caught 3 smelley pikes as we were about to leave all on a 5 inch gulp glowed it up and threw it out.

I rkn if u got some livies you'll hav a good chance at sharks/jewwies

Yeh,

there are usually lights that are working there and during the day yakkas are plentiful but when you say pilchard do you mean ganged or just cut up bits? I reckon i'll have one rod out with either a livie or Ganged Pilchard and the other with a different bait like live prawns or nippers. Hopefully the fish will be around.

Edited by mack attack 79

Also,

as i'm new to jewie fishing i was just wonderin what are some hotspots around the hawkesbury, sydney harbour and pittwater. When does the jewie season start and end or are they arond most of the time.

Yeh,

there are usually lights that are working there and during the day yakkas are plentiful but when you say pilchard do you mean ganged or just cut up bits? I reckon i'll have one rod out with either a livie or Ganged Pilchard and the other with a different bait like live prawns or nippers. Hopefully the fish will be around.

Definitely GANGED mate.