Inner Harbour - Port Kembla

elite

Hey Raiders,

Was thinking of stopping there for a quick fish / squidding on my way to friends wedding in Shellharbour..

Last time i was there (May 2010 i think), it was closed due to issues with electical cables. Have they re-opened the gates yet?

Cheers!

Hey Raiders,

Was thinking of stopping there for a quick fish / squidding on my way to friends wedding in Shellharbour..

Last time i was there (May 2010 i think), it was closed due to issues with electical cables. Have they re-opened the gates yet?

Cheers!

Are u reffering to Outter Harbour breakwall? This was the one they were excavating a trench to install high voltage cables for.

I was there maybe 6 months ago and it was still locked up coz they are forming more blocks to tip over the side.

Inner harbour breakwall on the coal terminal side is open as far as im aware.

Musty

• 1 month later...

Are u reffering to Outter Harbour breakwall? This was the one they were excavating a trench to install high voltage cables for.

I was there maybe 6 months ago and it was still locked up coz they are forming more blocks to tip over the side.

Inner harbour breakwall on the coal terminal side is open as far as im aware.

Musty

Been to the coal terminal side breakwall a few weeks ago, there was a security guy minding the gate. He was in a car and waved hands to us to get us out of the breakwall.

Haven't been to the south side breakwall, think it's permanently closed?

Guest Aussie007

yep the south break wall is closed they have patched all the holes in the fences with rebar and they have also extended the tug boat wharf fence to block off the whole lot now even though they did have a "fishing permitted" sign up i guess its for safety reasons people were getting swept off the break wall and drowning all the time what makes it worse is now everyone is fishing at bass point where there wont be any quick rescue if someone goes in the drink all though i have read on a forum they have installed a life bouy on the rocks

Edited by gazza

yep the south break wall is closed they have patched all the holes in the fences with rebar and they have also extended the tug boat wharf fence to block off the whole lot now even though they did have a "fishing permitted" sign up i guess its for safety reasons people were getting swept off the break wall and drowning all the time what makes it worse is now everyone is fishing at bass point where there wont be any quick rescue if someone goes in the drink all though i have read on a forum they have installed a life bouy on the rocks

damn, had so many good memories about fishing on the south breakwall. used to go there every weekend from sydney, like having a second job...

Guest Aussie007

damn, had so many good memories about fishing on the south breakwall. used to go there every weekend from sydney, like having a second job...

i have memories of the south break wall land based one night under the lights we seen a decent size shark move in and attack the tailors it was freaky as the shark was on the surface :1yikes:

• 2 weeks later...

i have memories of the south break wall land based one night under the lights we seen a decent size shark move in and attack the tailors it was freaky as the shark was on the surface :1yikes:

I had a overnight fishing there too. There was a seal, big seal, swimming around the lights all night.

Edited by LaoJ