Georges By Boat

mazin1978

Hi guys,

Weather permitting, ill be fishing the Georges on saturday by boat with my uncle and his friend on his boat. We will be launching at the national park, so i was just wondering if theres any general areas that produce good fish that are not too far from the ramp.

Cheers Matt

Hi guys,

Weather permitting, ill be fishing the Georges on saturday by boat with my uncle and his friend on his boat. We will be launching at the national park, so i was just wondering if theres any general areas that produce good fish that are not too far from the ramp.

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

If you want to fish the Georges River on the weekend you could have a hard time. Get on the water as early as you can and pack up by 10am. This is the time all the clowns have had their beauty sleep and have their jet ski's, ski boats and wake boards on the river. Unless its rainy, most of them are scared of getting wet :074: so you will have most of the river to yourself. :thumbup:

Having said that the area you want to fish close to that ramp is a washing machine at the best of times during the warmer months.

If I was going saturday morning i would fish towards Connells point, Oatley area, or Towra point on the high.

Otherwise if your set on fishing that that section of the river try Cattle Duffers at the end of the National Park stretch, or Mickey's point. Small black crabs are dynamite for BIG bream there. Blades are good on the bream but it can be snaggy seomtimes.

Good Luck mate let us know how u go.

Musty

Thanks for the tips guys, mainly targeting flatties and bream. Not sure if im heading out on the boat tomorrow, might go picnic point landbased instead. The area is quite full of jetskiers so might head further down towards como etc if i do end up going. Will check out the areas mentioned if i head out aswell :thumbup:

Matt