Maria Pencils

70%ludite

Just wandering if anyone has used the maria pencils.They are the first pencils that i have bought

that have a split ring on them.Wanted to know how they affect the performance walking the dog ?

Other than that they look the goods.55mm in length and weighing in at 5gms.Should be great on the flats.

Be interesting to see how they stack up against the nw pencils,jazzs and baby rovers.They say they cast like

a bullet and with the weight they should be right.

cheers.....Roy

Just wandering if anyone has used the maria pencils.They are the first pencils that i have bought

that have a split ring on them.Wanted to know how they affect the performance walking the dog ?

Other than that they look the goods.55mm in length and weighing in at 5gms.Should be great on the flats.

Be interesting to see how they stack up against the nw pencils,jazzs and baby rovers.They say they cast like

a bullet and with the weight they should be right.

cheers.....Roy

I havnt tried them yet although since u mentioned it i think ur right, i dont remember any of my pencils having split rings on them. But i would say that good lure manufacturers test their lures, be it in tanks or whatever. Im confident that if it comes with a split ring its been designed with one in mind or at the very least isnt negatively affected by it. Incidently i recently bought a stack of hard body lures from a good lure fisherman...

I dont know his styles and have not fished with him but i did notice on alot of the lures he had removed the split rings, and for the jacakll chubbies at least i found it to be a bad thing as their action wasnt perfect and tended to swim off to one side rather than dead straight. The weight of a split ring compared to the overall lure would be very minor so i'd be suprised if it affects it, but would be interesting to see the comparison. Maybe have a flick with and without and report back to us?

Musty

Thanks Musty wasnt sure how these sit in the water as some of the pencils are bottom heavy and thought

the split ring may of affected that.But being a reputable japanese brand i am sure they have done it for

a purpose.Looking forward to see how far they go acroos the flats with the extra weight.

I have got 5 days down the basin from this weekend so they will be up against my other pencils for

comparison.Will let you know how they go.

cheers....Roy

Bought 2 a few weeks back mate and i end up removing split ring from the tow point, they swim a whole heap better without it.

Hav'nt had chance to fish with them yet but heading north in a few weeks so will keep you posted on how they preform.

What colour did you end up with???

Mick :beersmile:

Bought 2 a few weeks back mate and i end up removing split ring from the tow point, they swim a whole heap better without it.

Hav'nt had chance to fish with them yet but heading north in a few weeks so will keep you posted on how they preform.

What colour did you end up with???

Mick :beersmile:

Hey Bloopin ended up buying 4.I got the the yellow,pink,clear with black stripes and a greeny back one.Didnt catch anything

on them but they cast a mile.Will have to take off the split ring and give them ago again.Wasnt as if there were no fish i caught

stacks on a NW pencil and was mixing it up with jazzs as well.But everytime i put the pencil back on i was on so to speak.Will keep

persevering.Good luck with your trip let us know how you go.....

cheers............Roy