Beach Netters Hit Copa Beach

tyrone07

I went for a surf this arvo and to tell you im not happy is an understatement. They had that much bycatch alot wasted in there nets. There was a stack of mullet to on the whole bch. But the reason i was real angry was when i was out i felt a rope so i thought what is this. aTried to pull it no luck so swam out and it was a full net of mullet left there by the pros to waste. Something needs to be done now this is the second time i have seen them abondan there nets like this because they were to full to pull in. Its an absolute joke :ranting2:

No i would say they would be the same 1s that were still netting after i left. My mates said it had been there since saturday. 1 time they had to cut there nets coz even two landcruisers and a boat couldnt pull it in. Its a joke

Yer swoffa it is most likely is legal but something serious has to be done. The bycatch worries me aswell. The other day i watched them get a box of kingies from one of the nets. So say they keep abondining nets there goes a hell of alot of spawning mullet plus any bycatch which what i have seen is undersize and legal kingies, small bream and whiting, and juvenile jew. Also saw some lizards caught. Now say how much would a net hold a cpl of hundred kilos of mullet that is alot of fish. I think jocool or iain a petiton to the minister. Im also going to take photos of the wastage of these nets and am looking for a underwater camera to get photos of the abondoned net. This is a serious problem and if you were a fish you would cash in on the easy offering of the mullet resulting in a lot of bycatch. Im sorry if it sounds like im whinging but this cant go on. :thumbdown:

Nah mark the net has closed up and were that packed in that they would of died preety quick. But the time when i did see them abbondan them it was draging the two landcruisers out to sea. Anyway hows are the blackfish at winney going dont they move up the coast in winter wouldnt they be another bycatch in the nets. Im not sure about the blackfish any1 no.