P.b Flatehead

gregg.michael

Hey guys - Had a battle of a weekend session last Saturday that ended with smiles. Sorry about the late report.

We went down to the spit the night before and got ourselves some fresh squid - and one cuttlefish that was returned to the water.

I just love those guys and couldn't bring myself to hurt one. That might seem strange to some. But cuttlefish seem smarter to me.

Hit the water Saturday just before that epic storm in the afternoon. Not a great time to be on the water in a tinny but sometimes life gets in the way.

We arrived at our spot near rose bay after traveling from the Lane Cove river and the lightning had caught up with us

and so before we had even wet a line - we head to shore to seek shelter in a cave. The run off cut a river through the beach we

were on so we had something to watch while we had a sandwich and took in the insanity of the lightning.

Once it chilled - we did have thoughts about calling it quits - but I'm glad we didn't.

Couple of casts in I came up tight on a nice fish. Pretty solid fight and a token hairy moment at the net but managed to bag my P.B

Flathead. 82cm's. :biggrin2::thumbup:

I was using a 7inch jerk shad in white. Few pics and plenty of smiles as the rain came down on us before the fish went back to swim

another day.

My brother switched to the big plastics but couldn't convert as I sat back and caught a couple smaller guys on 3inch plastics. A Trevor and a leather-jacket. Both went back.

We were pretty much at dusk by that point so we packed it up - We're getting a new boat soon - so we'll be back with navigation lights so we can stay out after dark!

Cheers,

Mike

post-8591-014646300 1288351041_thumb.jpg

post-8591-070472000 1288351415_thumb.jpg

post-8591-010510300 1288351507_thumb.jpg

post-8591-083128200 1288351517_thumb.jpg

cracker fish mate! I was thinking of entering my 80cm flathead in fish of the month and since I caught mine on wednesday 3 other people have landed one 2cm bigger than mine!!!!! doooh! :1yikes:

congatulations mate thats a fish you will be telling your grandkids about!

pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

Hey guys - Had a battle of a weekend session last Saturday that ended with smiles. Sorry about the late report.

We went down to the spit the night before and got ourselves some fresh squid - and one cuttlefish that was returned to the water.

I just love those guys and couldn't bring myself to hurt one. That might seem strange to some. But cuttlefish seem smarter to me.

Hit the water Saturday just before that epic storm in the afternoon. Not a great time to be on the water in a tinny but sometimes life gets in the way.

We arrived at our spot near rose bay after traveling from the Lane Cove river and the lightning had caught up with us

and so before we had even wet a line - we head to shore to seek shelter in a cave. The run off cut a river through the beach we

were on so we had something to watch while we had a sandwich and took in the insanity of the lightning.

Once it chilled - we did have thoughts about calling it quits - but I'm glad we didn't.

Couple of casts in I came up tight on a nice fish. Pretty solid fight and a token hairy moment at the net but managed to bag my P.B

Flathead. 82cm's. :biggrin2::thumbup:

I was using a 7inch jerk shad in white. Few pics and plenty of smiles as the rain came down on us before the fish went back to swim

another day.

My brother switched to the big plastics but couldn't convert as I sat back and caught a couple smaller guys on 3inch plastics. A Trevor and a leather-jacket. Both went back.

We were pretty much at dusk by that point so we packed it up - We're getting a new boat soon - so we'll be back with navigation lights so we can stay out after dark!

Cheers,

Mike

well done