Need New Anchor...

kingfishaholic

Hi everyone...some of yu may have read my last report were i sadly lost my anchor lol...

Need to buy a new anchor so we can get back out there.

does anyhone know any good places to buy anchor rope and chain and what anchor do you recommend for a 20 ft boat?

about what price range are we looking at?

thanx

Hi everyone...some of yu may have read my last report were i sadly lost my anchor lol...

Need to buy a new anchor so we can get back out there.

does anyhone know any good places to buy anchor rope and chain and what anchor do you recommend for a 20 ft boat?

about what price range are we looking at?

thanx

Losing an anchor isnt that big a deal, sadly it can become expensive if it happens frequently.

Any of the marine/boating shops around town will have a large range, as will decent marina's.

Basic anchor and 50m rope for that size boat should be under $150, unless you want sumthing a little better such as a sarca or another brand/style.

Ive been lucky in that ive caught 2 anchors in the river lost by others, and only lost 1 of my own over the years. Having said that an anchor, chain, rope setup for a 4m tinnie works out well under $100.

As a hint for future, if ur using the convetional type sand anchor, don't use the back hole on the main arm to D-shackle the chain to. Drill a hole on the flat plat near the anchor head if it hasnt already got one and D-shackle the chain to that. Then cable tie the chain with 3-4 thick cable ties back to the hole on the anchor arm. The idea is if its ever wedged under a rock or snagged, when u drive forward with a bit of power the cable ties will break allowing the anchor to be pulled out via the chain directly from in front the head rather than by the bar which is acting as a fulcrum.

Musty