Towra / Kernell 5/11/2010

Breambucket

Hey guys!

Planed to fish botany at the start of the week for friday with my "its complicated friend" Alison.

The plan was to show her how to fish with plastics in woolooware bay for the odd flattie but the winds and chop in there was far too uncomfortable. Ill have to give her credit because she didn't complain or get angry or frustrated at all and it only being her 3 time fishing in total she did really well, her first fish came pretty quickly with a small taylor i also found out she is scared of fish and photos lol

2pt19j6.jpg

Between the teaching to cast and retrieve i got into a few nice sized bream with alot of smaller ones and a great whiting that fell to one of my new blades i painted :thumbup:

Alison landed a small trev and a lovely 44cm flattie which was her first ever legal fish :yahoo:

2gxmqn6.jpg

We called it an early day as i didn't want to get too wet on the way back to the ramp and we kept a few fish for her family which ment i had to clean all of them!

30k3fup.jpg

dcvkfa.jpg

Most fish were caught on powerbait minnows in watermelon pearl , 80mm wrigglers in wassabi and squidgy fish in grasshopper

You must be a good teacher Breambucket because that's a nice haul there.

Alison must have been rapt with that flattie, as was her family with a great feed of fresh fish. :thumbup:

What colour/pattern did you paint the blade that scored the whiting?

Great report mate. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

HAHHAHHHAA well done, at least she had the will to go out for a fishing session....

I dont understand, why are women scared of fish (mine included) and photos as well....

Mine loves eating fish, cooking it, but when it comes to cleaning or handling it, she wants to throw up :)

Great catch on the light gear... You must really love the sound of your drag.

Towra's turning into a never fail option for me lately.

Went out early on Saturday morning and picked up a few live yakka's drifted around the cans and further out near the heads with no luck so headed to towra for a spin...

Picked up 3 nice flatties all in the high 40's.

I'd been snagged at one stag and tightened the drag to help free up my jig head...

Forget to loosen it back off and sure as sh#@ lost what looked to be a pb flatty. (high 60's).

I don't remember the last time i swore that much. Mum would've run out of soap!

I'll never do that again.

Hot tip... just find a cormorant and you'll find a fish ;)

Great catch on the light gear... You must really love the sound of your drag.

Towra's turning into a never fail option for me lately.

Went out early on Saturday morning and picked up a few live yakka's drifted around the cans and further out near the heads with no luck so headed to towra for a spin...

Picked up 3 nice flatties all in the high 40's.

I'd been snagged at one stag and tightened the drag to help free up my jig head...

Forget to loosen it back off and sure as sh#@ lost what looked to be a pb flatty. (high 60's).

I don't remember the last time i swore that much. Mum would've run out of soap!

I'll never do that again.

Hot tip... just find a cormorant and you'll find a fish ;)

Cheers mate!

Look at my towra report from this week :)

a tip for you... when you get a snag hold the spool with a free hand then hold your rod tip up high and quickley bounce it, 9/10 times it comes off pretty easy

pete