Market For A New Rod

suzelle

my current rod is 12 ft and the rod tip broke

the reel i used is sealine bull 6000HI. i'm thinking of buying a spinning rod 12 or 10 ft for the rocks at maroubra.

I will probably use metal lure from 40g to 100g. spinning application

can anyone help? thanks!

i am looing for a ghaphite bank cause i heard you can cast further with that.

Also, i heard Tiralejo is a good rod but i havnt seen any market price for that rod. a shop dont even have a price on those.

Edited by bubblefish

I quite enjoy my Penn Spinfisher Big Game Surf rod, I think it's 11ft and rated at 6-15kg. It's very light but with plenty of grunt. The Sealine is a big reel so perhaps test one out to make sure the balance is ok, I use mine off the beach so majority of the time it's sitting in a rod holder. Shouldn't break the bank either at less than $100 if you shop around.

Cheers,

Adam.

I quite enjoy my Penn Spinfisher Big Game Surf rod, I think it's 11ft and rated at 6-15kg. It's very light but with plenty of grunt. The Sealine is a big reel so perhaps test one out to make sure the balance is ok, I use mine off the beach so majority of the time it's sitting in a rod holder. Shouldn't break the bank either at less than $100 if you shop around.

Cheers,

Adam.

sorry i forgot to write that it be for spinning application. the penn surf rod doesnt have cast weight :( and i am looking for something to cast far and that balances with the sealine bull and light. budget under $150 will be nice. thank you

Another couple to consider are the Daiwa Heartland surf (cast weight 1/2 to 2oz) or the Daiwa Sensor Surf (3/4 to 3oz). Both should come in at around $150-$200 and both are very nice; if only I could justify more surf/rock rods B)

Adam.

i have a pen spinfisher big game surf 11' 10-30lb cast very well and take the abuse from the rocks, very light and very strong. my mate has a heartland though and i can ping a cast out much further, yes they are full graphite and very tippy though so would have to be care full lifting the tip high when lifting fish out.

Edited by matt84

The Tiralejo is out of the question for you on that budget, you won't get much change from $600 for one of those. The Diawa sensor surf can be picked up for about $150 if you look in the right places, and would be the best rod for that price in my opinion.

I recommend if at all possible to save your money up and get a good rod like a nitro surf assasin or similar. You'd need to budget close to $400 for those, but nothing I've seen will cast the range of weights that those rods will.

My advice, if you can go for one of the nitro rods. If you can't, the sensor surf is a very good compromise! And don't worry about what people say about how easy graphite rods are to destroy. If you look after your gear and don't lift the rod tip too high (and subsequently putting all the pressure on the tip) then you'll never have a problem. I've been fishing the rocks with graphite gear for years and never had a failure...

The Tiralejo is out of the question for you on that budget, you won't get much change from $600 for one of those. The Diawa sensor surf can be picked up for about $150 if you look in the right places, and would be the best rod for that price in my opinion.

I recommend if at all possible to save your money up and get a good rod like a nitro surf assasin or similar. You'd need to budget close to $400 for those, but nothing I've seen will cast the range of weights that those rods will.

My advice, if you can go for one of the nitro rods. If you can't, the sensor surf is a very good compromise! And don't worry about what people say about how easy graphite rods are to destroy. If you look after your gear and don't lift the rod tip too high (and subsequently putting all the pressure on the tip) then you'll never have a problem. I've been fishing the rocks with graphite gear for years and never had a failure...

hello there i cant seem to find the nitro rod on the net, can you please give me a link or guide me where to look please. thank you

hello there i cant seem to find the nitro rod on the net, can you please give me a link or guide me where to look please. thank you

Type in Innovator rods :biggrin2:

Regards Stewy

hey mate

ive got both the sea jigger and spinfisher big game.I must admitt the spinfisher is an under rated rod. Before i bought the sea jigger, i used and abused the spinfisher. its quite light for a carbon composite rod, and tough enough to withstand being thrown around on the rocks. I used to think i can cast far with this rod until i bought the sea jigger.

After casting with thre seajigger, the spinfisher feels quite heavy in comparisson. You can pretty much spin the whole day with 85gm metals.

In terms of price, the spinfisher can now be bought for 100ish (paid 170 3 years back), but the sea jigger can be bough for about 230 to 250.

in my option if the only thing your gonna do is spin and use lures, go for a full graphite rod. Just be extra carefull dropping or high sticking it.

i heard shimano has some new rock/beach rods but i heard they were rubbish.

cheers mark